WBBB 1.1 or BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Tewa, Speer, H.G.
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Images
    This definitely has my interest. Been thinking of purchasing a bridge so this video will help for sure.
    "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." -D'Signore's, Tide Mill Farm, Edmunds, Maine.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by BackPackHiker View Post
    Ballerina pose check. I would be happy to include this in the review I am getting a few request for different sleeping positions. I really want this to be a review that includes what people want to see so keep the suggestions coming.
    I call it the "jackknife" position and it is how I mostly sleep in the regular bed...in the gathered end WBBB I sleep fine on my back. Probably would want to jackknife in a bridge because of the flatter lay. Anyhoo, sleeping positions are also going to be affected by shoulder girth and general width. Maybe even length of legs compared to torso (for us Celt types with long torsos and shortish legs).

You sure have your research work cut out.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Sky Bed
    Tarp
    HB Sky Tent 2
    Insulation
    Enlightened Equip
    Suspension
    BOM Micro Rope
    Quote Originally Posted by BER View Post
    I will bow out of this review as it seems our colleague is now requesting that the hammock be donated (not unreasonable given the possibility of damage from testing/multiple reviewers). Since this is my only bridge hammock at present, with no plans to make another in the foreseeable future, I will decline to participate.
    Please know that this is not for selfesh reasons. I just don't want the complication of reviewing your product and having it damaged or lost in the mail and than having to reslove a dispute. Thank you for your generosity in being willing to lend your only hammock for review.

Hammock
    Tablecloth w/ fronkey net
    Tarp
    Toxaway
    Insulation
    TUCKuilt, pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    I'm not trying to sound impatient or anything, but after reading six pages of text only to find no videos drives me a little crazy. I'm really looking forward to seeing them.

Oh, one more thing...No offense to the OP, but I think it would be fun to get Shug to be an assistant reviewer with the videos.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dbl
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    I think it would be fun to get Shug to be an assistant reviewer with the videos.
    Why, are you planning to enter your hammock from a unicycle? Or do a headstand in it?

I'm always in for a Shug video!
    It's bad luck to be superstitious.

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    Homemade
    Suspension
    Readystraps
    I'll place my bet on the JRB. hands down.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ's
    Images
    The problem with bridge hammocks is that it is hard to make one hammock to fit all body sizes. The test results will vary based on height and shoulder width of user.

A Grizz bridge customized to user would win every time.

Hammock
    Tablecloth w/ fronkey net
    Tarp
    Toxaway
    Insulation
    TUCKuilt, pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    Quote Originally Posted by bindibadgi View Post
    Why, are you planning to enter your hammock from a unicycle? Or do a headstand in it?

I'm always in for a Shug video!
    I think it would be cool if Shug could juggle the spreader bars for minute or so and then throw them 30 feet in the air, grab the hammock and let the bars fall into place.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Sky Bed
    Tarp
    HB Sky Tent 2
    Insulation
    Enlightened Equip
    Suspension
    BOM Micro Rope
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    I'm not trying to sound impatient or anything, but after reading six pages of text only to find no videos drives me a little crazy. I'm really looking forward to seeing them.

Oh, one more thing...No offense to the OP, but I think it would be fun to get Shug to be an assistant reviewer with the videos.
    I would love to do a video with shug, he is one of the reasons I started hammock camping. His top quality vidoes is something that I am working towards. Unfortunatly I live in Canada Eh. So it probably wont be possible.

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BER View Post
    I will bow out of this review as it seems our colleague is now requesting that the hammock be donated (not unreasonable given the possibility of damage from testing/multiple reviewers). Since this is my only bridge hammock at present, with no plans to make another in the foreseeable future, I will decline to participate.
    After seeing this posting I proposed to BackPackHiker that I would provide a bridge hammock for review with bi-directional shipping costs covered by me, and an understanding that "things happen" w.r.t wear and tear on the hammock by multiple reviewers. But I'd like the hammock back eventually, because my practice is to place my hammocks with people who use them. I'm willing to take the risk something hammocks to the hammock accidentally.

BackPackHiker respectfully but definitively declined stating he wants no responsibility for the state of the hammock considering that others besides he will use it, and the only way he can be assured of no responsibility is by requiring the submitter give up all rights to the hammock.

I would have made one specifically for this review. Having a hammock I invest my time in be ultimately used is worth more to me than anything I would get out of the review, and since I don't make these for sale generally there is no particular advertising benefit to me for it. The community can and will continue to get such benefit as it wants or sees in my design ideas through the videos and postings I'll continue to do on them.

In any case, the greatest value to the community in BackPackHiker's effort will be reviews of hammocks that can actually be acquired, and a DIY sub-category would be just a side-line to the main laudable goal.
    Grizz
    (alias ProfessorHammock on youtube)

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast