Hammock
    HH Hyperlite
    Tarp
    HH Hyperlite Asm
    Insulation
    WBBM TQ, DIY Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    It lines up with the grommets in the radiant bubble pad. I don't use them though because I like to sit in my hammock facing the other direction!!! Thanks for reminding me about them, I'll probably be removing them soon unless I can find a use for them.

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    WL SSUQ/HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dyna Whoopies
    My Hyperlite has an O ring on the zipper side and an O ring and about a foot long tail of material with a toggle on the end of it on the other side. If its for the pad then what is the toggle for?

Hammock
    Clark NX200/HH Asym Exp zipmod4
    Tarp
    Stock tarp f both
    Insulation
    HH Reflective Pad
    Suspension
    Stock/Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roche View Post
    we started putting the o-rings in our hammocks last year and we plan on having o-rings
    put in all new hammocks by the end of the year. The purpose is to hold the reflector pads(which have clips on the sides) on the correct diagonal.

Thanks
    Ann
    I smell a retrofit coming on, might have to figure out how to put some in, as the reflector pad works very well....

Just broke out my pad, I have two elastic bungees, pretty thin, maybe 1/16", attached to the pad and the other end is a clip. No idea what the toggle would do. I have the Radiant Pad XL
    Last edited by Manchego; 07-11-2012 at 19:06. Reason: Adding comment on radiant pad

This O ring and shock cord must be a new feature for Hennessy. I will take some pics and post up.

Here's the pics of the O ring and the shock cord with clips that came with my new Explorer Deluxe.

Images
    Looks like shock cord with mitten clips attached to the ends. If you two of something like this on the outside of the hammock, then you now have a spare.

Roche - Yes, I do have a similar shock cord with clips on the outside (both sides) to pull the sides out, which I believe is the norm. I guess this is a spare shock cord for me!

Hammock
    Clark NX200/HH Asym Exp zipmod4
    Tarp
    Stock tarp f both
    Insulation
    HH Reflective Pad
    Suspension
    Stock/Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by whw View Post
    Roche - Yes, I do have a similar shock cord with clips on the outside (both sides) to pull the sides out, which I believe is the norm. I guess this is a spare shock cord for me!
    This is for the Radiant Pad, it is the same arrangement as on the pad. They must be "switching" the clips and the bungees from the pad to the hammock, which is fine as my pad goes with me to whatever hammock I may be in, so clips are pretty much useless unless I retro/initial fit all my hammocks.

That said, the XL pad is wide enough I haven't had any issue of it slipping from under me.

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Deluxe Zip
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex Fly
    Insulation
    T'rest/BA Dbl Z
    Suspension
    Stock
    Bumping this to shed some more light. I contacted Hennessy about this cord as I had wondered all along where I had seen the information, but couldn't remember that it was here. (Should have known better). Anyway, per James at Hennessy, the cord is put on the zip models to hold the net in place when unzipped if you want to open up the hammock. It clips to the ring on the outside of the hammock. Apparently they used to use velcro but this way is more secure. I have tried this before, and remember thinking the cord was too long to be of much good, but maybe I'm doing something wrong. One more reason to get the hammock back out!!

Hammock
    Variable
    Tarp
    Surperfly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Variable
    Thanks for that. I also wondered what it was for, but couldn't find a use. Took it out after about the third time I used the hammock. It's been really skeeterific around here, so I haven't used the hammock without the net yet.

May stick the cord back on in the fall, now that I know what it's for.
    Like thrash metal? Check out my nephew's band, Deathwatch. He's an amazing drummer... https://soundcloud.com/user-660860695

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast