Is anybody on the forum using a Moon Hammock

Can you shed some light on the Ticket to the Moon double hammock? Is it suitable for trail camping? What modifications have you had to make to make camping worthy.

The specs indicate that the width is 6'-foot wide.

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    TTTM's are like any other mass produced hammock. Nylon fabric, channeled ends, attached storage bag, some weird stretchy rope with knots for a suspension.
    The only complaint on mine was the s-hook on the suspension (it broke, while I was in it). The rope will stretch, making reset-up at 3am a constant, or your butt will be dragging on the ground.

Replacing the entire suspension is easy (and obviously recommended, IMO.) with whoopies. Add some tree hugger straps, and its a economical step into hammock camping. I picked mine up on sale at a local sporting goods store for ~$20. Frustrated with the suspension, I found HF, and the journey into hammocks began.....
    You'll need a bugnet, tarp, and some kind of insulation.

Hammock
    Hennessy UL Explorer (2QZQ Mod #4)
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Baby Orca & NoSniv
    Suspension
    Whoopie & biner
    Images
    In a non bugnet required situation I use a TttM single layer with adjusted suspension, as does a mate of mine.

I took out the rope and hook they came by, ran soft shackle trough it and done. The rest is my standard setup with whoopie attached to treehugger and a carabiner to clip on to hammock and act as dripring.

At about 50 seconds into a try videoing thingy (without carabiner just using the softshackle .... lesson learned: softshackle no fun with cold hands....)

And last trip you can see my mates TttM with his DIY strap and rings setup around 4:30

Great value for money!

Hope it helped a bit ...

Grtz Johan
    My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence.

mob: +31 6 44 80 82 63

http://www.dutchunlimited.com
    http://dutchunlimited.com/english/

My YouTube

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    My official traveling hammock is a TTTM. It's been to Mexico, Peru, Columbia, several Caribbean Islands, Canada, and will be headed to France later this year. No special reason for it, it was just the one I grabbed a few years ago for a South American trip. After that, I just felt that it should be my traveling hammock, so it lives in my suitcase waiting for its next trip abroad. Very comfy; just like ENO, Trek Light, GT, and others in the same vein.

The suspension, like the others, does suck. Very easy to replace though.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    Sea to Summit
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images
    I've got both the TTTM single and double and I like the single best because it has a large body of fabric, single panel (no inner stitching). It's a great deal, especially compared with the competition.

You can check out a side-by-side comparison of parachute nylon hammocks on my website.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Sky Bed
    Tarp
    HB Sky Tent 2
    Insulation
    Enlightened Equip
    Suspension
    BOM Micro Rope
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle View Post
    TTTM's are like any other mass produced hammock. Nylon fabric, channeled ends, attached storage bag, some weird stretchy rope with knots for a suspension.
    The only complaint on mine was the s-hook on the suspension (it broke, while I was in it). The rope will stretch, making reset-up at 3am a constant, or your butt will be dragging on the ground.

Replacing the entire suspension is easy (and obviously recommended, IMO.) with whoopies. Add some tree hugger straps, and its a economical step into hammock camping. I picked mine up on sale at a local sporting goods store for ~$20. Frustrated with the suspension, I found HF, and the journey into hammocks began.....
    You'll need a bugnet, tarp, and some kind of insulation.
    In regards to the S-hook on the suspension. You have the option to pick either an S-Hook or Carabiner. The suspension rope does stretch but so does most suspension and once you have used it a hand full of times it will not stretch as much. They have a bug net and tarp that you can also purchase.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Sky Bed
    Tarp
    HB Sky Tent 2
    Insulation
    Enlightened Equip
    Suspension
    BOM Micro Rope
    I will be reviewing this product in my series 12 months in a hammock probably in September. One thing for sure about TTTM is they have great customer service and would help you out if you had any concerns.

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BackPackHiker View Post
    In regards to the S-hook
    The "accident" happened a few years ago, not the fault of the vendor. My excessive weight was at fault.
    I tried to push the limits...I do that occassionally!
    The 'biner was not an option at the store when I purchased my hammock.

Still doesn't explain the silly rope suspension tho??
    Not pointing a finger directly at just tttm..a lot of hammocks have the silly rope.
    When good webbing or amsteel suspensions are available, why sell something that is known to stretch?

I now return you to your scheduled post..

Hammock
    DIY hammock
    Tarp
    DIY tarp 2x3m
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    DIY
    My first hammock was also a TTTM, first thing i did after the first time hanging in it was changing the suspension, didn't like the bigass hook. The hammock material is really nice though. Still using it occasionally.
    My plan is to sew a second layer on it with some sort of 'down' in it, thin layer only, to make it a adequate winter hammock. But that's a plan for the coming months, no rush yet since it is beautiful summer season now :-)

• + New Posts