Tarp
    DCF Winter
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ @ TQ
    Suspension
    Whoope
    Images

RS CAMO at WM

Thank you for the latest alert, I was able to get all 10 yds of RS camo at a distant WM. But, the clerk would not give me the card board bolt label, so I could see about trying to order more at my local small WM 200 miles away. No place to get fabric locally for some distance. Just happened to be passing thru, and stopped to see what the store might have. Not only was the fabric dept. larger than many fabric shops, there were also two more fabric shops in the town. Had I not known of the availability from HF, I would not have been looking. All set now for some quality time this winter with my sewing machine.
    Since I retired, some times I stay awake all day, some times all night.

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    My experience is that trying to order fabric special through Wally World would be impossible. I have been told by managers in many departments "We get what we get when we get it." That's just the way the business runs there.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Speer Winter
    Insulation
    KAQ - home made
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by psyculman View Post
    But, the clerk would not give me the card board bolt label, so I could see about trying to order more at my local small WM 200 miles away. .
    I was told after asking for the cardboard bolt (for ease of storage - not special ordering) that they supplier/stocker uses the empty bolts to see what is selling and thus needs to be restocked. Made sense to me.

Hammock
    WARBONNET RIDGERUNNER
    Tarp
    UG WINTER PALACE
    Insulation
    ZREST
    Suspension
    WEB AND BUCKLES
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinrev View Post
    My experience is that trying to order fabric special through Wally World would be impossible. I have been told by managers in many departments "We get what we get when we get it." That's just the way the business runs there.

This was my experience too when I got lucky with some nice RS digital camo

Hammock
    DIY Wbbb Clone
    Tarp
    12x10 Cat cut DIY
    Suspension
    Ring Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatibuck View Post
    I was told after asking for the cardboard bolt (for ease of storage - not special ordering) that they supplier/stocker uses the empty bolts to see what is selling and thus needs to be restocked. Made sense to me.
    That, is just total BS. You really think the supplier goes to each store and counts the bolts. Nope, they sit in thier home store and look at this magic box that tells them what has sold.

I was talking to the lady the other day and she was saying that the local collage kids come in and buy the $1 fabric to make floats and stuff for class projects.

Oh, and when I went to pay the cashier asked who was doing all the sewing. She asked me at least 4 times "Really?" after I said me.
    Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time. ~Steven Wright

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    at least in our local Walmart the sales tickets are not itemized as to what the product is. So the only iventory control in terms of real product is those labels. But they can not order a specific fabric color or pattern from the wharehouse. When we were doing custom children's clothes we needed to have all the fabric for our run at the beginning because even the fabric distributors could not be sure what was going to be available from the mills. They do reorder some stuff. But the fabrics. especially the $1 stuff is you get what you get and that's all that you get.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

• + New Posts