Tarp
    BlackCat
    Insulation
    Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    Homemade/CC Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hammock engineer View Post
    That's a god start. I say a whole bunch of 1 min videos is better than one 5-6 minute one.

How about.

HH knot
    Speer knot
    hanging a HH
    hanging a Speer
    Importantace of sag
    Explaining a diagonal
    Attaching the tarp to the tree
    Staking the tarp out for a storm
    showing the need for bottom insulation
    HH SS if someone has one
    Underquilt
    Pea Pod
    How to use snake skins
    ways to pack a hammock
    Suggestions (not criticisms): HH knot and snakeskin videos are already on the HH site.

Also, might want to add use of different suspensions other than the HH lashing and the Speer 4-wrap - like buckles, rings, or slapstraps.
    "Physics is the only true science. All else is stamp collecting." - J. J. Thompson

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    That's a god start. I say a whole bunch of 1 min videos is better than one 5-6 minute one.
    That's what I plan on doing. For example the first video will be just explaining the parts of a hammock (hammock body, support lines, tarp, etc) which would include explanations of some of the terminology. There would be one video for hanging a HH and a separate video for hanging Speer-type, etc.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbishop351 View Post
    ......Also, might want to add use of different suspensions other than the HH lashing and the Speer 4-wrap - like buckles, rings, or slapstraps.
    Those are good additions. That was just a list to start with. I think from in information standpoint, the more videos the better.

Maybe if the first round round of videos turn out well and get finished, we could get together at someones house and do a DIY series of videos.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Hammock
    Homemade Speer-type
    Tarp
    BlackCat
    Insulation
    Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    Homemade/CC Buckle
    Images
    Those are good additions. That was just a list to start with. I think from in information standpoint, the more videos the better.

Maybe if the first round round of videos turn out well and get finished, we could get together at someones house and do a DIY series of videos.
    oOo...I'd definitely be up for that!
    "Physics is the only true science. All else is stamp collecting." - J. J. Thompson

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Suggestions (not criticisms): HH knot and snakeskin videos are already on the HH site.

Also, might want to add use of different suspensions other than the HH lashing and the Speer 4-wrap - like buckles, rings, or slapstraps.
    BB,

Glad you brought this up. I don't want to shoot videos that have already been done. The HH knot is a perfect example. We can link to those videos.

I say that we can also devote one of the tutorial to just the different types of suspension lines one can use and it would address things like buckles, rings, slap straps, treehuggers, Spectra, as well as the various knots used that have not been covered by another video.

Let focus on the "basics video" first off. Besides identifying the different parts of a hammock system and explaining terminology, what else should be included?

Images
    Suggestions (not criticisms): HH knot and snakeskin videos are already on the HH site......
    This brings up a really good point. Some of this information is out there already. We need to decide if we want to redo any current videos or provide links to the ones out there.

I say that for consistanty we remake any current videos. We are not profitting on anything, so I think there will be no copy right infringment. It might be a good idea to contact them and say we are doing this. This would be a good time to welcome their input at someplace like traildays where they will already be at. For their part, having their input could get them more exposure.

Some my 1 cent.

Images
    Throwing out another thought. It might be best to come up with 3 or 4 ones to start with. See how they work out before more are started.

I will not be able to help due to my hike, so that this for what it is.

Hammock
    Homemade Speer-type
    Tarp
    BlackCat
    Insulation
    Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    Homemade/CC Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    BB,

Glad you brought this up. I don't want to shoot videos that have already been done. The HH knot is a perfect example. We can link to those videos.

I say that we can also devote one of the tutorial to just the different types of suspension lines one can use and it would address things like buckles, rings, slap straps, treehuggers, Spectra, as well as the various knots used that have not been covered by another video.

Let focus on the "basics video" first off. Besides identifying the different parts of a hammock system and explaining terminology, what else should be included?
    If I were going to write a 'basics' video, I think it'd be structured in several short segments, maybe something like this:

1 - Why hammocks? - Advantages, disadvantages, and address some of the common concerns like weight and accessibility.

2 - Basic parts rundown . - Body, suspension, rain cover, and ridgeline (optional of course). No specifics, just examples and purposes.

3 - Basic setup. - Might be a little tough, but stick to the general case, not specific models.

4 - Models rundown. - List and brief description of the different commercial models, plus mention of DIY and its advantages/disadvantages. This one will get exploded into its own series later, each model having its own segment.

5 - "Special situation" issues. - Cold weather, hot weather, rain, bugs, etc. These become their own segments later too.

Anyway. I think that might about cover the basics. Just a thought.

Hammock
    Traveler
    Tarp
    Zpack Cuben
    Insulation
    LeighLo/Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Video Help

I own a small ad agency and have an editing studio with the capabilities to edit and produce the videos. I would be willing to donate this help.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by southmark View Post
    I own a small ad agency and have an editing studio with the capabilities to edit and produce the videos. I would be willing to donate this help.
    Thanks. That will put a great finished look to them. I was picturing something Blair watch-ish.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast