kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch
    i think its great! .

a lot of folks don't need UL gear - and don't care to research the art of the hammock on HF.

fact is, maybe they can only get out 3 times a year--- and a 750FP is good enough.

i'll keep to the cottages, though, and help to support the families that make custom gear for true enthusiasts---not the generic public.
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    If it's shaped like their Ember Underquilt I'd wonder if it'll have cold spots.
    http://www.eaglesnestoutfittersinc.c...uct/A4001.html
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Yeti
    Suspension
    dyna-whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by CamRuns View Post
    my opinion is they are trying to make big bucks off people who don't know much about hammocks.

"Hey, I bought this cool ENO hammock from this outdoor store and they said to stay warm I need this topquilt and underquilt. I don't want to use a tent anymore so I'm going to shell out the dough."
    I agree. I just got one of ENO's hammocks and nearly bought the one link deal thinking "well I will need all this anyway" however after some research I found out how bad the straps are and how cheap it would be to make my own of higher quality.
    So in what little experience I have with hammocks its seems like eno is the hip way to go since they put it all together and you dont have to think at all.

personally I'm thankful for this forum for all the info and for saving me some $$ but i like reading into things.

Hammock
    WB Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 13
    Insulation
    Cheap Mummy/ Pad
    Suspension
    Dutch Spiders
    Images
    I like at least 800fp

Hammock
    DIY Ripstop/ Blackbird
    Tarp
    Tad Pole/Superfly
    Insulation
    Zeppelin/Rev X
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by urbprty View Post
    I agree. I just got one of ENO's hammocks and nearly bought the one link deal thinking "well I will need all this anyway" however after some research I found out how bad the straps are and how cheap it would be to make my own of higher quality.
    So in what little experience I have with hammocks its seems like eno is the hip way to go since they put it all together and you dont have to think at all.

personally I'm thankful for this forum for all the info and for saving me some $$ but i like reading into things.
    I fell victim to slap straps so I know the feeling. Only after my double nest and slap straps did I find this forum

Hammock
    1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Images
    Blaze Underquilt
    Sleep like the royals do, nestled in down feather splendor. But forget the stuffy four-poster bed, the Blaze Underquilt is made with 750FP down for the ultimate in cold-weather comfort with your favorite ENO hammock. A rip stop nylon shell with DWR finish is durable and resists moisture, while the nylon taffeta liner is smooth against your skin.

Got to love the selling point, since the UQ is under the hammock and not against your skin
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

They want you to use the underquilt inside the hammock with you? That is what their words say. Pics would be better.

Hammock
    RidgeRunner/DoubleNest/DIY Gathered
    Tarp
    Cloudburst/Noah's
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies/Tog
    Quote Originally Posted by urbprty View Post
    personally I'm thankful for this forum for all the info and for saving me some $$
    I'm glad this forum is saving someone some $$$! It has cost most of us a fortune!

As for ENO trying to offer a more complete system to the market...good for them for trying. I would dare to guess that 90% of their customer base is no where near as informed as the community on Hammock Forums. We all know there are much better options out there from our cottage vendors, but not everyone buying a hammock knows that our cottage vendors even exist. They are offering a mass-produced/mass-marketed product to people around the world. Don't expect to get the same attention to detail that our tuned-in cottage vendors can offer. For now, it's a step in the right direction for them, and it will make hammock camping a lot more comfortable for a lot of first timers with cold butt syndrome!
    "God, grant me the serenity to accept the places I cannot hang,
    Courage to hang in the places I can, (but probably shouldn’t)
    And wisdom to know the difference."

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

Hammock
    Dream Hammock ThunderBird
    Tarp
    Zpack Cuben 7X9
    Insulation
    JRBSierraSniveller
    Suspension
    ring buckle system
    Images
    I guess we should give ENO some credit for their offering, but I think for the same money, JRB will sell you something better and lighter. 750FP isn't very good compared to 900 FP you can get elsewhere for the same or less money.

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 0*
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I love my DN but all else ENO just doesnt look to be a good value for the money.
    I may be lost but I am making great time.

“It was so cold that If the thermometer had been an inch longer, we'd have frozen to death.” ~ Mark Twain

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast