Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch & Anchors

Twiddling my thumbs furiously!

I have commit to hanging! Started hanging May of this year. I happen to come across one of Shug's videos and it was over before it started. I have been backpacking for about 2 years now, and for the 6 months prior to seeing Shugs video I had spent countless hours and dollars trying to find a light weight comfortable way to tarp camp, never thinking of hammocking. It was the brightest light bulb moment ever. So May of this year I started spending more money and time on hammocks and hammock related gear and skills, trying to make do the best I could with what I had, and finally I managed to convince the wife that I needed 2 more pieces of gear for my hammocking setup, I told her I wouldn't need anything else until October (our anniversary). I originally told her a Incubator and a Pillow, but I got to thinking about it, and decided that if I got a Burrow and an Incubator, I would still technically be telling the 2 item truth... so I finally pulled the trigger on a HG Incubator 20 and Burrow 20, each with an oz. of overfill. Jenny over at HG was incredibly kind and helpful in my decision making and changing. Those folks at HG sure are great, even threw in my original pillow order on the house, I think secretly it is because they don't want to hear about my murder on the news or something. I can now use the pillow to defend myself or bribe my wife with. "Los Angeles man killed by wife! Suffocated by down pillow whilst hanging in his heavenly down filled cocoon." Now its just the waiting... waiting for the gear, waiting for the weather, waiting for the slap!

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I hope you had your order shipped to your office. Otherwise if your wife gets the package first and discovers that downy goodness of a burrow first, she may just claim it as hers before you get to even see it let alone use it.

Also, did Jenny tell you about their creative financing program? They have told some interesting stories about payments to keep marital bliss alive and well for many hangers here.

Cheers

Brian
    Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment. - Unknown

Hammock
    DIY / WB traveler 1.1dl
    Tarp
    kelty,MacCat stand
    Insulation
    20*phoenix
    Suspension
    whoopie sling,webb
    They have payment plans?

Hammock
    Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch & Anchors
    Payment plans? Uh oh, that could very well be exactly what I need to justify a cuben tarp! I am hoping the the money I manage to recoop from selling my sleeping bags and some other tent related gear might manage to generate enough income for my to buy a new tarp, without the wife being the wiser.

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Better to ask forgiveness right?! Great pickup!
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by codya95 View Post
    They have payment plans?
    Quote Originally Posted by dishonor39 View Post
    Payment plans? Uh oh, that could very well be exactly what I need to justify a cuben tarp! I am hoping the the money I manage to recoop from selling my sleeping bags and some other tent related gear might manage to generate enough income for my to buy a new tarp, without the wife being the wiser.
    I didn't say they had payment plans. They have mentioned creative payments for purchases in the past.

For example. They charged 'X' amount on a credit card or PayPal, then the balance was mailed in via money order. So that when the buyer was questioned by the spouse, they could confidently say "see it only cost 'X'".

This is not meant to put words into Adam and Jenny's mouths.

Cheers

Brian
    Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment. - Unknown

Hammock
    Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch & Anchors
    Ah that is interesting as well. I may have to keep that in mind in the future. Wife would flip if I told her I spent 300 bucks on a tarp!

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dishonor39 View Post
    Ah that is interesting as well. I may have to keep that in mind in the future. Wife would flip if I told her I spent 300 bucks on a tarp!
    Of course, mentioning how much her last handbag or pairs of shoes cost, would only get you the LOOK.

Somedays it just pays to be single.

Cheers

Brian

Hammock
    Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch & Anchors
    It would definitely get me "the look". It would probably get me "the speech", you know the one where she says she needs those things to look good for me and how if I want her to stop caring about how she looks she would be more than happy to oblige, because the only reason she spends time and money on clothes, make up, and accessories is to look good for me. It might even get me "the slap"...

• + New Posts