DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Quote Originally Posted by Free Home View Post
    "My name is Brian and I'm awesome"....this is what your being known as, thanks for providing great customer service and sticking to cottage traditions, as I just ordered a WMM and will be here for my birthday.

Thanks again for being awesome, now only if the misses can fit her sleep number between the Double WWM i can get her in the woods.
    He definitely is, and I almost had drink up my nose on your last statement. Thanks for the laugh.
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    BIAS camper, WW DL
    Insulation
    Diy syn. UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Hey guys, I'm still out of town and won't be back until the front end of next week. We are getting slammed with a lot of orders (some rushes) so please let us know if your not in an extreme rush and we can get caught up ASAP when I get back. Brian is doing all he can and I'm going to try to get some ridgelines and whoopies done to ship separately from on the road.

Thanks,
    Shane
    It'll be alright Friday!

Check us out at www.buttinasling.com

[email protected]

Hammock
    BIAS Weight Weenie
    Tarp
    Guide Gear
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Webbn w/Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by tncamper View Post
    Hey guys, I'm still out of town and won't be back until the front end of next week. We are getting slammed with a lot of orders (some rushes) so please let us know if your not in an extreme rush and we can get caught up ASAP when I get back. Brian is doing all he can and I'm going to try to get some ridgelines and whoopies done to ship separately from on the road.

Thanks,
    Shane
    Shane.....Brain is Rockn it!.....no worries.....My hammock should arrive today.....ordered mine just over a week ago....enjoy your Vacation!.....he has got it under control

Hammock
    BIAS Hiker Lite Teal/Black
    Tarp
    GG Emergency Shltr
    Insulation
    Leighlo UQ
    Suspension
    BIAS standard kit
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobit View Post
    Brian, my order is # 578. How long do you think it will take to ship? No rush, just mostly curious. Thanks.
    I am seriously shooting for Monday. I'm behind with tncamper being on vacation, but I'll catch up a lot this weekend. Then he returns Monday and we're back in business. I've got a large order in front of you... it should ship tomorrow so you're in sight.
    --
    www.buttinasling.com
    Now carrying the Mini Tattoo Stove!
    Light weight. Low prices. Great gear.

Hammock
    Tarp
    GG Emergency Shltr
    Insulation
    Leighlo UQ
    Suspension
    BIAS standard kit
    Quote Originally Posted by Athens-m50 View Post
    Shane.....Brain is Rockn it!.....no worries.....My hammock should arrive today.....ordered mine just over a week ago....enjoy your Vacation!.....he has got it under control
    It's never "under control" when tncamper is on vacation! But for a guy who's drowning, I am getting a lot of sympathy and support from a terrific and understanding customer base! Most folks are being cool about the delays.
    --
    www.buttinasling.com

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    I have some concerns directed to jbrianb and tncamper; how are the ends gathered on your hammocks? if they have the sewn through channel, would i be able to make a custom order and whip it myself instead of the channel gather? i like the ability that my diy has to change my lay a little bit. since i have slight knee problems i use a modified "w" whip. is this something you guys would be able to accomidate? thanks, Fish<><
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    WL Night Owl
    Tarp
    WL Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    Quilts + Body Fat
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrianb View Post
    I am seriously shooting for Monday. I'm behind with tncamper being on vacation, but I'll catch up a lot this weekend. Then he returns Monday and we're back in business. I've got a large order in front of you... it should ship tomorrow so you're in sight.
    That's awesome, thanks. Just received a bunch of Dutchware today to go with it and a few other projects.

Hammock
    Tarp
    GG Emergency Shltr
    Insulation
    Leighlo UQ
    Suspension
    BIAS standard kit
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish<>< View Post
    I have some concerns directed to jbrianb and tncamper; how are the ends gathered on your hammocks? if they have the sewn through channel, would i be able to make a custom order and whip it myself instead of the channel gather? i like the ability that my diy has to change my lay a little bit. since i have slight knee problems i use a modified "w" whip. is this something you guys would be able to accomidate? thanks, Fish<><
    Sorry for the delayed reply...

There is a sewn channel with a larksheaded continuous loop cinching the end.

Some folks have whipped their channel ends. I whipped one myself for an order... I ran the cord through the channel and whipped it by taking the cords in opposite directions to create the wrap.

We've heard a few complaints from folks who whipped their hammocks and have seen a few of our hammocks that people whipped get sold. The complaints were stretch, comfort and two of the first three used BIAS hammocks we saw sell where whipped. HYOH, of course.

That said, why whip the ends? I guess I've not understood what is accomplished by whipping the hammock.
    --
    www.buttinasling.com

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    No worries about the late reply, I know you are a one man show right now.

For me, whipping the ends allows me to shorten or lengthen certain parts of the hammock. Since I have knee issues (pain with hyper extension) it allows me to shorten the area that my right knee hits in my sweet spot, causing my knee to be bent in a normal direction. Most people use a pillow under their knees to eliminate this, by whipping my ends, it allows me to not need a pillow to prevent the pain.

Since I have not tried the channel type, I am willing to give it a shot. As soon as the wife gives permission to purchase your kit. I really like your product and your outstanding customer service. I look forward to doing buisness with you soon.

Kevin

Hammock
    Tarp
    GG Emergency Shltr
    Insulation
    Leighlo UQ
    Suspension
    BIAS standard kit
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish<>< View Post
    No worries about the late reply, I know you are a one man show right now.

For me, whipping the ends allows me to shorten or lengthen certain parts of the hammock. Since I have knee issues (pain with hyper extension) it allows me to shorten the area that my right knee hits in my sweet spot, causing my knee to be bent in a normal direction. Most people use a pillow under their knees to eliminate this, by whipping my ends, it allows me to not need a pillow to prevent the pain.

Since I have not tried the channel type, I am willing to give it a shot. As soon as the wife gives permission to purchase your kit. I really like your product and your outstanding customer service. I look forward to doing buisness with you soon.

Kevin
    A good answer. I am not opposed to whipping the hammock, but I guess doing it just to do it never made a lot of sense to me. You've got cause to do so... I get it. I'd recommend on ordering trying it without the whipping, see what you think, modify as needed.

Thanks, Kevin!

-- Brian
    --
    www.buttinasling.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast