Insulation
    New River KAQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by phatpacker View Post
    I think I may be able to make this and cain't wait to meet you all
    Looking forward to it....
    Tortoise never for a moment stopped, but went on with a slow but steady pace straight to the end of the course.
    Translated by George Fyler Townsend. Aesop's Fables (p. 18). Amazon Digital Services, Inc..

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    12' DCF w/ winter
    Insulation
    20 Deg HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch web w/ beetl
    Images
    Oct 5-7 sounds do-able to me. I will just be getting back from my tropical vacation and getting ready to fly out for work. Would make a good filler in-between. And more importantly meeting some local hangers face-to-face.

Hammock
    PolyD
    Tarp
    OES MacCat ultra
    Insulation
    New River KAQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by shane.barton View Post
    Oct 5-7 sounds do-able to me. I will just be getting back from my tropical vacation and getting ready to fly out for work. Would make a good filler in-between. And more importantly meeting some local hangers face-to-face.
    Wow thanks for making time for the hang.
    Tortoise never for a moment stopped, but went on with a slow but steady pace straight to the end of the course.
    Translated by George Fyler Townsend. Aesop's Fables (p. 18). Amazon Digital Services, Inc..

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutch
    I really wish I could take off the 7th. But already took time off for a short outdoor trip the week before.

I've never been up to big bear for camping before- this will be fun.I'm excited. Hopefully will have my top and bottom quilts to try out also.

Hammock
    PolyD
    Tarp
    OES MacCat ultra
    Insulation
    New River KAQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks
    Images
    Sorry for not checking in but I lot my internet at my house. So I have to go and bumm bandwidth from a friend. For those that plan on coming to Big Bear in Oct. please PM me so I can see how meany sites we might need.

My troop is going to San Gorgonio in 3 weeks we'er looking at going up on the South Fork trail http://www.modernhiker.com/2009/09/2...th-fork-trail/
    I'm going to try and get the time off to go. I will post a trip report if I get to go.
    I'm thinking that this could be some thing for the backpackers in the group to do as a high altitude hang some day.

Hammock
    WBBB / diy gathered
    Tarp
    kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    Sleepingbag / Pad
    Suspension
    Web / whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O View Post
    Would a Honda Accord make it to Holcomb Valley Campground? It's not a crazy dirt road is it?
    I camp there all the time, Take Van Dusen Canyon Road and it will almost dead end into the campground, and I have gotten a smart car there with no problems.

As far as the hang, I have been away from the forum for a while, and just saw this. I will already be on the mountain for another event that weekend, so I will try and come by, but will not be able to stay.

Just a note, Holcomb is a first come first serve campground and you can only have 2 cars per sight, the rest will need to have adventure passes and park across the trail from the campground. Since you still have some time you may want to look into some of the group campgrounds in the area, you can reserve them, and if you have 3 or 4 sights at holcomb, then the price is about the same (assuming that holcomb is still on the $16 a night fee schedule)

Hammock
    BIAS Campus lounger
    Tarp
    Toxaway
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Sorry for not checking in but I lot my internet at my house. So I have to go and bumm bandwidth from a friend. For those that plan on coming to Big Bear in Oct. please PM me so I can see how meany sites we might need.<br />
    <br />
    My troop is going to San Gorgonio in 3 weeks we'er looking at going up on the South Fork trail http://www.modernhiker.com/2009/09/2...th-fork-trail/ <br />
    I'm going to try and get the time off to go. I will post a trip report if I get to go. <br />
    I'm thinking that this could be some thing for the backpackers in the group to do as a high altitude hang some day.

Triggerhpy

That whole area is good for backpacking trips and especially for higher elevation trips and your aloud to hang anywhere in the mountain. I've done four overnight trips up there and talk to the rangers and they say it's fine to hang. Just make sure you check the water reports before you go up. The 2 trails I've done is Momyer and Vivian creek trails on the south side of the mountain. And I will be going to the October trip.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End 1.9
    Tarp
    STS 10x10 Escapist
    Insulation
    DIY Full Length UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies &amp; Straps
    Might not be able to go on 10/5 but I should be there on 10/6 for an overnight. Couldn't get that Friday off sadly.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    I am trying to get free... probably can't make friday night.

Anybody up for a gear exchange? I have a diy IX uq I might be willing to part with...

One question... what are the expected temps? I don't have a lot of cold weather gear...
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast