WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images

Talking Hammock conversion as a Pyramid scheme...

Have any of you ever converted someone from ground dwelling to hammocking? Have any of those people converted someone? How deep can you track that? It is sort of like a pyramid scheme.

I brought my son and 3 of my friends up from the ground. Two of those friends have brought their friends up as well. One of those two has also raised his two sons (both in college), and one of those converted one of his college buddies.

That adds up to 8 people under me, but with me at the top of the pyramid, I have 3 levels under me!

How many converts and levels do you have under you?
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”—Karen Blixen

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    Jeez, if you look at like a pyramid...then Shug is WAY on top!

Hammock
    BIAS WW Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    UGO 40* Zepplin
    Suspension
    Cinch bugs/straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by raiffnuke View Post
    Jeez, if you look at like a pyramid...then Shug is WAY on top!
    Oh, I don't know, I think you have to go father back than that - I first learned about hammocks and ultralight hiking all the way back in 2004 from Sgt Rock's excellent web site, then followed Ed Speer's Hammock Camping Yahoo group...I bet those two have a BIG base on their pyramids!

Sweeper
    Hiking & Hanging is therapy, and much cheaper than medication in the long run. Carry on.

Proud Member of the "Corps of Insanity" Hiking Group, 2000-2015. Semper Gumby!

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeper View Post
    Oh, I don't know, I think you have to go father back than that - I first learned about hammocks and ultralight hiking all the way back in 2004 from Sgt Rock's excellent web site, then followed Ed Speer's Hammock Camping Yahoo group...I bet those two have a BIG base on their pyramids!

Sweeper
    No doubt. I picked up the hammocking thing long before I heard of Shug, but with the influence of YouTube and the spike in recent memberships, I bet there are plenty of LARGE pyramids out there!

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images
    I am hardly the top of my little pyramid, but above me it gets a little fuzzy. I first looked at hammocking through Jeff's site, but I wasn't looking for hammocks, just a lighter approach to backpacking. It looked intriguing, but I wasn't convinced. His site led me to Sgt Rock (or maybe it was Sgt Rock who led me to Jeff, I am not sure), and somewhere along the path to "enlightenment" (pun intended), I found this fabulous place.

Even though it was less than 2 years ago, I cannot pinpoint when I actually wanted or decided to get off the ground, or what it was that convinced me to do so. But I bought my first hammock and started camping in it without ever laying in or even seeing anyone elses. Everything I learned was from people on this site.

I guess it could be said that hammockforums.net may really be the pinnacle of the largest pyramid.
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”—Karen Blixen

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    9x10 tyvek
    Insulation
    ww blue ccf pad
    Suspension
    whoopies & toggles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Skipper View Post
    I first looked at hammocking through Jeff's site....
    Been fascinated by hammocks all my life (I was a kid once, and what kid doesn't love a hammock?), but as an application to camping, Jeff's site was my introduction.

I've received many inquiries about hammocks from the families I have camped with, but I suppose I camp with a fairly conservative crowd because, while hammock camping fascinates them, most are tentative when it comes to trying it for themselves--people are strange creatures. To date, in spite of all the questions, only one person has taken serious steps toward hammock camping (an eleven year old girl who managed to cut through all the 'perhaps' and 'we'll see's and committed her father to buy a pink crinkle taffeta tablecloth (you go, girl!)).
    You're gonna need a bigger hammock

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Skipper View Post
    Have any of you ever converted someone from ground dwelling to hammocking? Have any of those people converted someone? How deep can you track that? It is sort of like a pyramid scheme.

I brought my son and 3 of my friends up from the ground. Two of those friends have brought their friends up as well. One of those two has also raised his two sons (both in college), and one of those converted one of his college buddies.

That adds up to 8 people under me, but with me at the top of the pyramid, I have 3 levels under me!

How many converts and levels do you have under you?
    With mad sales skills like yours, you are well on your way to becoming a financially independent Amway distributor.

• + New Posts