View Poll Results: What is your primary style of hammock?

Voters
240. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gathered

199 82.92%
  • Cinched

22 9.17%
  • Bridge

18 7.50%
  • Other

1 0.42%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    DIY Crinkle Taffeta
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    Pad & Blanket
    Suspension
    Descending Rings
    Gathered for me but I would like to try a bridge.

I had to chose gathered because that is the ones I have the most of. I do love bridge hammocks so it would be my second choice.

Hammock
    The one I'm in
    Exped's should be called mili-string LOL

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I know this poll is only a couple of hours old, but I'm a little surprised by the current spread. I was pretty darn sure that gathered end hammocks were still in the ruling class, but I honestly thought that the cinched enders would have come in a closer second. I also expected many more bridge users; Timberrr could use some company.

Then again, maybe cinched and bridge users are just more diligent employees given it's smack in the middle of working hours.
    Trust nobody!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    I know this poll is only a couple of hours old, but I'm a little surprised by the current spread. I was pretty darn sure that gathered end hammocks were still in the ruling class, but I honestly thought that the cinched enders would have come in a closer second. I also expected many more bridge users; Timberrr could use some company.

Then again, maybe cinched and bridge users are just more diligent employees given it's smack in the middle of working hours.
    I'm surprised also, but in a slightly different way: I knew the bridge users would be in the minority, but I didn't think it would be that much of a minority.

I voted "bridge", then saw the poll results and that I was 1 of only 2 of us to 47 of Y'all! But like you said, maybe it's just early and the bridge guys are not home from work yet. Insulation choices often dictate my hammock choice. For my longer hikes ( multinight) in the Rockies, the last two times I chose cinched ( Claytor No Net ) only because it is my fav to use with my ~ 4 or 5 years old Speer Pea Pod. But the two multi-day western mountain trips before that were with the HH Explorer UL/SS. But that might not count, as that was before I had quite so many choices.

But even my vote is sketchy, as you might have already guessed reading my actual uses in the previous paragraph! I voted that way just because I can maybe honestly say that I choose my JRB Bridge maybe a hair over 50% of the time total use. Shorter trips, backyard,dayhikes,carcamps.

My shorter trips have tended to be with the JRB Bridge, whether with zero insulation, or a torso sized WM pad on those trips when I might be able to get by with nothing but need a something for 0400-0700, if it gets colder than expected. Or if actually cold with the MW UQ. But sometimes even that choice is because my son has been using my WBBB/Climashield Yeti which I also occasionally use.

It is still hard for me to hands down choose between any of those systems. But I do seem to tend towards the BMBH if only the hammock, and not the entire system with insulation, is the deciding factor.

Plus, now I have a BMBH UL and WL Nightowl, for neither of which have I had enough time to fully evaluate, though they are both pretty good. Bottom line: BMBH by a nose, for now.
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 07-25-2012 at 14:14.

Cinched is my go-to, 2 of them, and also 4 gathered. Bridge later? Probably.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock UQ
    Suspension
    webbing-whoopies
    Gathered for me. But I admit I'm intrigued by the various bridge hammock designs. I'm inclined to be a stomach- or side-sleeper, though back sleeping works out ok in my DN.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1SL/UKHamm
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4S/CamoSF
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WhoopieDutchness
    Gathered for me too

I tried a bridge but didn't like the shoulder squeeze

Hammock
    DIY Pertex
    Tarp
    DIY with doors on
    Insulation
    Down and synthetic
    Suspension
    Whoopies & hooks
    Gathered for me. All my DIY's are whipped Warbonnet stylee.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    one of each
    I already posted but you can't vote for more than one style
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast