Custom 1.7/1.1 WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    DIY SWT
    Insulation
    JRB Nest & DIY RMS
    Suspension
    Whoopee Slings
    Images
    Wow, 400+ entries in a single thread! Just shows you how popular the Ring Buckle System is. I love mine. And the CC Buckle system works great too, just better on a hammock without a structural ridge line.
    Stoikurt
    "Work to Live...Don't Live to Work!"

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Make that 402. I love this system almost as much as my hammock.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeDee View Post
    They will give you a UPS tracking number - that way you can track it daily on the UPS web site and build your anticipation. In my experience, the UPS delivery estimates have been right on.

The APS customer service I have experienced is top notch.
    Thanks for the intel on APS' sutomer service. UPS is usually spot on in term of delivery in my area, but I had them shipped to my Mom's in Charlotte, which is where I'll be as of Friday this coming week before leaving for my section hike. Fortunately for me, the UPS delivery there is usually spot on there as well. And I do have to admit I'm guilty of watching the tracking of a UPS package a couple times a day at least when I have something on the way to me. The anticipation justifies shredding the package to little pieces to get to its wonderful contents.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    I ordered the last component of my ring buckle support system this morning, some 2.8mm Spyderline from Annapolis Performance Sailing.
    Anyone have an opinion as to whether this will support a close to 250lb guy and his hammock? I'm going to double it over to get attached to my ENO the way I want. Any of the engineering/mathematics/physics types want to chime in on this? BB, HE, lvleph? Bueller? Bueller?
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    JRB 10X11, MacCat
    Insulation
    Snugfit, 2 JRBs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stoikurt View Post
    Wow, 400+ entries in a single thread! Just shows you how popular the Ring Buckle System is. I love mine. And the CC Buckle system works great too, just better on a hammock without a structural ridge line.
    Why does the CC Buckle system work better on tha hammock without the structural ridgeline?
    Thanks,
    Michael
    qpens

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stoikurt View Post
    And you can also leave the strap threaded through the rings which you can't do if you have to thread the strap through a loop first. That makes it much more convenient and quicker.

Good answer! For that I might be talked into taking two biners. I was more concerned about space than weight. Still...we're only talking about a few seconds at best. It's amazing the lengths we'll go to just to shave a few seconds or ounces.

Also, I found that tying a slip knot right after the rings misaligns the straps and creates more problems than it's worth. I "set" the rings by pulling them close together, allighning the straps and giving them a good tug. I have yet to have any slippage using that technique.

Miguel

Hammock
    Homemade Speer-type
    Tarp
    BlackCat
    Insulation
    Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    Homemade/CC Buckle
    Images
    Anyone have an opinion as to whether this will support a close to 250lb guy and his hammock? I'm going to double it over to get attached to my ENO the way I want. Any of the engineering/mathematics/physics types want to chime in on this? BB, HE, lvleph? Bueller? Bueller?
    I'm not sure what the rating on that particular line is - the APS website seems to be having some issues at the moment. For a 250 lb. load, I'd likely shoot for something rated around 1500 lbs. That would be error enough cushion for me, but I guess maybe not for others.
    "Physics is the only true science. All else is stamp collecting." - J. J. Thompson

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbishop351 View Post
    I'm not sure what the rating on that particular line is - the APS website seems to be having some issues at the moment. For a 250 lb. load, I'd likely shoot for something rated around 1500 lbs. That would be error enough cushion for me, but I guess maybe not for others.
    BB, I'm thinking it's about 1200# or so, but not positive. I'm thinking that will work, I'm not planning on bouncing up and down or stage diving from my hammock.

Hammock
    Homemade Speer-type
    Tarp
    BlackCat
    Insulation
    Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    Homemade/CC Buckle
    Images
    BB, I'm thinking it's about 1200# or so, but not positive. I'm thinking that will work, I'm not planning on bouncing up and down or stage diving from my hammock.
    The stuff I have from them is rated at 1200 lbs....I can't remember the size right now, though. I'm around 180 lbs. myself, and I might go up a rating notch at your weight. Just to have plenty room for error. You can get hurt pretty badly from a fall, especially if you're on a hike at the time.
    "Physics is the only true science. All else is stamp collecting." - J. J. Thompson

Hammock
    Custom 1.7/1.1 WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    DIY SWT
    Insulation
    JRB Nest & DIY RMS
    Suspension
    Whoopee Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by qpens View Post
    Why does the CC Buckle system work better on tha hammock without the structural ridgeline?
    Thanks,
    Michael
    qpens
    You pull the support straps pretty tight with a structural ridgeline. The CC Buckles are difficult to impossible to loosen when pulled tight. Someone here even had to cut a strap because they couldn't get it loose (of course you would only need to cut one side, then the other side is loose). However, if your straps stretch some after laying in your hammock for a while, it may loosen it up enough to release the buckles.
    In a hammock without a structural ridgeline either Rings or CC Buckles work equally well.
    Stoikurt
    "Work to Live...Don't Live to Work!"

• + New Posts
  • Page 41 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast