Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    i think you'll like the rings on the hammock & the figure 9s on the tarp.
    I got impressed with the same setup at the April SEHHA Hangout, Shadowmoss. I fell in love with it and find it a joy to use. I can get set up in about a third of the time, leaving more time for the important things, like taking it easy in my now set-up hammock. The ring buckles with the polyester webbing give almost no stretch versus the old ENO SlapStrap Pro's I was using. And the figure 9's? No wonder they won a Backpacker Editor's Choice award, what a cool, easy, well thought out and well made piece of gear! They make life a LOT easier!

Edit: I just got my new ENO replacement in yesterday and one of the first things I did with it was add the ring buckles to it. So now I have ring buckles on my ENO without having to purchase extra cordage. All I did with it was remove the stock heavy biners, untie the cordage in it already, pull it out, add the rings and retie the cordage in the same fashion it was tied in originally. It took a little work to get the cord run back through the end "tunnels", but came out just fine.
    Last edited by Hooch; 06-14-2007 at 02:37.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    ENO/tablecloth
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    yeti,peapod(1st v
    Suspension
    whoopies treestrap
    hooch, you undid the cord at the end of the hammock. you are a brave man! let me know how it works out.
    Peanuts

"A womans place is on the trail"

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
    hooch, you undid the cord at the end of the hammock. you are a brave man! let me know how it works out.
    I was very careful with it, almost to the point of being meticulous, acutally. The first knot I untied, I took pictures of at each step so I would have a better idea of how to retie it in the same manner that it was originally. I also looked at the other knot on the opposite side to make absolutely sure it was the exact same as the other. The key was to untie and retie BEFORE putting any weight on the hammock and tightening the knots with body weight to the point that they were too tight to release. Once the rings were on and the knots were retied, I just pulled them tight with a pair of pliers. I'm going to hang the new hammock tomorrow night when I take Short Stuff to see a movie at the park, but I'm taking the other hammock for backup. I'll let you know how it goes!
    Last edited by Hooch; 06-14-2007 at 08:57. Reason: 'Cuz I'm a knucklehead and can't spell!
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Images
    I used my ring system and straps on my hammock stand last night. The easiest way I have found so far to attach it to the stand. The only way to sleep inside when the A/C is broken.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hammock engineer View Post
    I used my ring system and straps on my hammock stand last night. The easiest way I have found so far to attach it to the stand. The only way to sleep inside when the A/C is broken.
    I like to hang my hammock and sleep out on the back porch even when the A/C isn't broken.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    I like to hang my hammock and sleep out on the back porch even when the A/C isn't broken.
    I hung in the backyard the night before. It was just looking like rain and I did not feel like it. Besides that's why I put a hammock stand in my bedroom. I actually ended up sleeping with a fleece blanket by the end of the night. A fan in the window blowing on me and no bottom insulation made it very comfy.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hammock engineer View Post
    I hung in the backyard the night before. It was just looking like rain and I did not feel like it. Besides that's why I put a hammock stand in my bedroom. I actually ended up sleeping with a fleece blanket by the end of the night. A fan in the window blowing on me and no bottom insulation made it very comfy.
    It still sounds comfy any where you put the hammock up. I've been able to crash in mine on the back porch a lot while I've been on vacation and most nights I don't need a sleeping bag. Like, you, with no bottom insulation, I've been able to get by with a light fleece blanket (Sponge Bob, courtesy of Short Stuff) and be very comfortable. I haven't been able to make a hammock stand just yet, but keep trying to convince myself into losing my bed and making one of Ed Speer's double pipe hammock stands.

Hammock
    ENO/tablecloth
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    yeti,peapod(1st v
    Suspension
    whoopies treestrap
    hooch, still have the pics of you undoing the knots? if yes, i would like to see them. mmm..better yet, maybe i'll mail you my eno and you can modify it
    Peanuts

"A womans place is on the trail"

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
    hooch, still have the pics of you undoing the knots? if yes, i would like to see them. mmm..better yet, maybe i'll mail you my eno and you can modify it
    Sorry, Peanuts, I deleted the pics when I was done using them as a reference. In hindsight, I should have posted them. As far as making the mods for you, I don't know if I'd trust my handy work for another's hammock. And, again, I made the mods before the lines were stressed and there was no difficulty removing the knots. I can't guarantee that I could get those knots undone at all. To give you an idea, when I was making the ring buckle mod to my SingleNest, I tried for about an hour and a half to get those knots out. That's when I decided to go ahead and cut the lines and order spyderline from Annapolis Performance Sailing. I had originally bought 2.8mm, but in retrospect, I think it would be safer to go with the 3.8mm. Their prices are good and their customer service is awesome. You may want to look into their spyderline if you're unable to undo the original ENO cordage.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    just a note on the ENO snap hooks... i don't know if they still use the same ones they were using when i bought mine in late winter 05, but i bent one just laying in the hammock.
    i think i still have it.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

• + New Posts
  • Page 46 of 96 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast