Of note ... this was our first hammock camping trip! We are rocking the first ever Hennessy Hammock Design, our sleeping bags and our partially inflated Thermorest pads! Hey it was the dawn of the era!

In 2001 my son, my brother-in-law and I did our annual Thanksgiving Hike in Linville Gorge. For this hike we did a four day three night loop starting from the Table Rock Parking Lot. We hiked south on the MST to the Cambric Trail head where we camped for the night. On the second day we hiked down the recently fire ravaged Cambric Trail, waded the Linville river and headed north to camp the second night south of Conley Cove. On the third day we hiked north on the LGT, crossed the river at House Rock (pre-bridge) and up the Spence Ridge Trail. For the third night we camped on the ridge below Little Table Rock. The skies opened up for us that night leaving us in a heavy fog the next morning.

After packing up we hike up the near vertical trail to Little Table Rock and on to the Table Rock Parking Lot for the drive home.