Quote Originally Posted by thecrumb View Post
I was doing OK til the spider picture... ACK!

I need measure my straps and think about some longer ones. You have some really long spans on some of those shots...
Yeah - that spider was huge. We left him alone and watched him for a couple days...pretty cool. He wasn't there the last morning when we woke up...which kinda made us nervous...

I still have the stock HH lines on the BULA and it was fine. I used the ring buckles on the Warbonnet and the Spectra on that is shorter than the HH. I did need a long tree hugger for the big tree on the uphill side...you can't see it in the picture, but I actually used one long Warbonnet hugger (don't remember the length...48 or 60 inches?) for each hammoc. Each one went on only one side of the big tree, then wrapped around the little tree behind the big one.

At least for the last half of the trip. During the first half only the HH was on that tree and I just wrapped the one hugger around it...didn't reach all the way around so there was a gap where there was only spectra and no webbing. The spectra wasn't putting any load on the tree though so it's all good.