SLD Lair
    Tarp
    Gnarwhal Hex 12x9
    Insulation
    SLD UQ & KAQ TQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckle

Hennessy with Pea Pod?

Now that zipper mods/models are available as anyone tried a Pea Pod with a Hennessy? With a single or a double zipper?
    I THOUGHT GETTING OLDER WOULD TAKE MUCH LONGER.

Hammock
    DIY Ripstop/ Blackbird
    Tarp
    Tad Pole/Superfly
    Insulation
    Zeppelin/Rev X
    Suspension
    whoopies
    doesn't seem like it'd work too well with an integrated zipper net, but I suppose there's a chance if you didn't have the net zipped up

Images
    As with any hammock, it is simply a matter of how well you can get the net out of the way ( whether fully removable like on a Speer, or one of the zippered approaches ). If you can get it pretty much out of the way, then you can use the PeaPod on non-bridge hammocks.

How well it will work will depend on various other factors, primarily width and length. I think I have tried it on my HH Explorer UL No Net, and I think it worked OK but I can't really remember. But I suspect it would work even better on a shorter Expedition or Backpacker UL.

I see you have a BIAS hammock and a PeaPod already. Are you looking to but an HH?

Hammock
    SLD Lair
    Tarp
    Gnarwhal Hex 12x9
    Insulation
    SLD UQ & KAQ TQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckle
    I have a BIAS Micro and being so long it's not working well with the Pea Pod. And I now have an HH Explorer UL BP w/a single zipper. I tried the Pea Pod w/ the HH this AM before the heat rose. It's a stretch w/o 2 zippers but to "fussy" for me. The Pea Pod is going up for sale, and maybe the BIAS also.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by millergear View Post
    I have a BIAS Micro and being so long it's not working well with the Pea Pod. And I now have an HH Explorer UL BP w/a single zipper. I tried the Pea Pod w/ the HH this AM before the heat rose. It's a stretch w/o 2 zippers but to "fussy" for me. The Pea Pod is going up for sale, and maybe the BIAS also.
    Have you ever used the PeaPod on a hammock that really seems to work with it? The obvious being a Speer hammock. But another combo that seems to really click is the Claytor No Net, really allowing the pod to hang down for the top to contact or be very close to your body. And I find it to be one of the more comfortable hammocks also. I would really love to try the pod with one of the shorter Claytor hammocks also. If those hammocks were comfy enough the pod fits them like a dream. I also have heard that the WB Traveler works great with a pod.

Hammock
    SLD Lair
    Tarp
    Gnarwhal Hex 12x9
    Insulation
    SLD UQ & KAQ TQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Have you ever used the PeaPod on a hammock that really seems to work with it? The obvious being a Speer hammock. But another combo that seems to really click is the Claytor No Net, really allowing the pod to hang down for the top to contact or be very close to your body. And I find it to be one of the more comfortable hammocks also. I would really love to try the pod with one of the shorter Claytor hammocks also. If those hammocks were comfy enough the pod fits them like a dream. I also have heard that the WB Traveler works great with a pod.
    Worked great w/Speer, but only down to 50 w/o added TQ to fill the space. Was best w/WB Traveler. Down to 35 w/no TQ, only a down vest. Added a summer TQ & UQ to get down to comfy at 18.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by millergear View Post
    Worked great w/Speer, but only down to 50 w/o added TQ to fill the space. Was best w/WB Traveler. Down to 35 w/no TQ, only a down vest. Added a summer TQ & UQ to get down to comfy at 18.
    Sounds like you have had nearly the same experiences as me then. Although I think I remember being able to get better than 50F on top with the Speer hammock with it pretty much closed up completely ( or almost ) on top. But funny thing is Ed Speer's rating ( based on himself, a supposedly very cold sleeper ) was 50F top.

Hammock
    SLD Lair
    Tarp
    Gnarwhal Hex 12x9
    Insulation
    SLD UQ & KAQ TQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Sounds like you have had nearly the same experiences as me then. Although I think I remember being able to get better than 50F on top with the Speer hammock with it pretty much closed up completely ( or almost ) on top. But funny thing is Ed Speer's rating ( based on himself, a supposedly very cold sleeper ) was 50F top.
    Like Ed, I'm a very cold sleeper.

• + New Posts