Dirty Bridge / Weasel / Eno Dbl
    Tarp
    Alot
    Insulation
    HG Gear / DIY
    Suspension
    A lot of them

New ENO ATC Hammock

Eno is really starting to try new things at least it's for a good cause.

http://www.eaglesnestoutfittersinc.c...ATC-COMBO.html

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Goes to a good cause, but I still wouldn't buy one...I'm not much of an ENO guy...
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    Why did they have to use the slap straps that no one wants?
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brute1100 View Post
    With their upcoming Atlas straps, maybe its a way to get rid of old inventory.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    DH Darien
    Tarp
    WB Edge/Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow, Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Buy one for your friends to get them into hammocking. That is the only reason I can see to buy one with poopy slap straps.
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

Hammock
    Many
    Tarp
    Depends
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Leigh,Speer
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Latitude918 View Post
    Buy one for your friends to get them into hammocking. That is the only reason I can see to buy one with poopy slap straps.
    If they go to sleep 18" above the ground and wake up dragging the ground, they may not stick with hammocking.

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    ENO ProFly
    Insulation
    Guardian bug net
    Suspension
    multiple
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brute1100 View Post
    So you have something expendable to hang your pack from a tree with. Adjustable length and everything!
    If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.

Hammock
    DIY DL 1.1 Ripstop
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    New River Full UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies n' Spike
    Other than the SLIGHT weight compared to others and crap straps, the hammock itself is top-notch. Soft, breathable fabric, may not be UL, but comfort means more to me and I only have the single nest, and I'm 6'1" 205lbs. Added whoopies, a hammock RL, and shock cords to the profly tarp, and lightweight biners and I'm good in driving monsoons.

ENO is not a "newb" hammock contrary to what some of the gearhead egos claim. Their accessories do bite (bugnet is good, maybe a tad heavy compared to others), but fits the bill for my backpacking needs in every way, shape, or form...

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis &amp; Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hikerman2000 View Post
    ENO is not a "newb" hammock contrary to what some of the gearhead egos claim. Their accessories do bite (bugnet is good, maybe a tad heavy compared to others), but fits the bill for my backpacking needs in every way, shape, or form...
    I pretty much agree with you on this. I'm a fan of ENO and Trek Light hammocks. I find them very comfortable, durable, and cheap enough. Their accessories are junk, but only compared to some of the stuff we do around here. IMO, nylon straps are still a step up from marine grade rope that can be found on other brands. "Gearhead egos" might be a little harsh, but it illustrates the point nicely. We often forget that we have access to some of the front-line tech for hammocks simply by being active members here. Therefore, we have been told, or have already experienced, the effects of nylon webbing when used as part of a suspension. It's natural that we think selling such gear is a bat-poop crazy move to make; it's all relative to the knowledge we have collectively. This is easily evidenced by looking at the gear our homegrown vendors put out; they know better due in large part to their interactions here on HF.

I think that is part of the reason ENOs and the like are referred to as 'Newb Hammocks'. In truth, it isn't the hammock, but the stuff that comes with it that lands them into that category because what's the first thing an ENO owner does after sleeping in the hammock? They start looking for and making mods to address what they view as negatives. A part of me also thinks this is valuable to a 'newb' because it forces their hand to learn about and make the needed/wanted upgrades. Experience is a marvelous teacher and if they didn't have the experience they may 'get' the knowledge, but they won't 'learn' the lesson. I was a member of this site when the first mod done to an ENO was to cut off the storage bag to save weight. Suspension switch-outs came later as the founding newbs learned and then passed the knowledge on to the new newbs at the time....like me!

I'm no newb, but I once was one. I had an ENO then, but now I have several. Nothing wrong with an ENO hammock for those that are not weight sensitive.

As a former AT hiker, I think it's great that ENO is making an effort to reach out to that community. For all of its faults, the ATC does some wonderful work and if ENO won't come play in our yard, I'm glad to see they are at least playing in the neighborhood. Good things will come...like poly straps.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    DIY DL 1.1 Ripstop
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    New River Full UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies n' Spike
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    I pretty much agree with you on this. I'm a fan of ENO and Trek Light hammocks. I find them very comfortable, durable, and cheap enough. Their accessories are junk, but only compared to some of the stuff we do around here. IMO, nylon straps are still a step up from marine grade rope that can be found on other brands. "Gearhead egos" might be a little harsh, but it illustrates the point nicely. We often forget that we have access to some of the front-line tech for hammocks simply by being active members here. Therefore, we have been told, or have already experienced, the effects of nylon webbing when used as part of a suspension. It's natural that we think selling such gear is a bat-poop crazy move to make; it's all relative to the knowledge we have collectively. This is easily evidenced by looking at the gear our homegrown vendors put out; they know better due in large part to their interactions here on HF.

I think that is part of the reason ENOs and the like are referred to as 'Newb Hammocks'. In truth, it isn't the hammock, but the stuff that comes with it that lands them into that category because what's the first thing an ENO owner does after sleeping in the hammock? They start looking for and making mods to address what they view as negatives. A part of me also thinks this is valuable to a 'newb' because it forces their hand to learn about and make the needed/wanted upgrades. Experience is a marvelous teacher and if they didn't have the experience they may 'get' the knowledge, but they won't 'learn' the lesson. I was a member of this site when the first mod done to an ENO was to cut off the storage bag to save weight. Suspension switch-outs came later as the founding newbs learned and then passed the knowledge on to the new newbs at the time....like me!

I'm no newb, but I once was one. I had an ENO then, but now I have several. Nothing wrong with an ENO hammock for those that are not weight sensitive.

As a former AT hiker, I think it's great that ENO is making an effort to reach out to that community. For all of its faults, the ATC does some wonderful work and if ENO won't come play in our yard, I'm glad to see they are at least playing in the neighborhood. Good things will come...like poly straps.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast