Blackbird 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Evazote foam 1/4"
    Suspension
    Stock Straps

ThermoBall is out on the market.

Just saw and ad and found some footage on this ThermoBall insulation. Supposed to be equal to 600 fill down. Unfortunately North Face has the exclusive rights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKy2pA8y9IM

It looks like they picked off lint balls from a sweatshirt and called it something new!!!

All kidding aside, I am interested in this for on the water type outings and or wetter climate trips, if the cost is better (read cheaper) than dri-down.
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC dbl. 1.7, ENO Dblnst
    Tarp
    Superfly, MCat Dlx
    Insulation
    Zep/Incu/NewR/SSnv
    Suspension
    tree strap/whoopie
    I was thinking of trying it and almost ordered a jacket this weekend. But on second thought, I realized another "down" type jacket or vest is the last thing I need. (So I picked up a Marmot Super Gravity soft shell instead!)

It looks pretty neat and if it works as advertised, it will be a nice alternative to down or bulky synthetics.

Take it easy,
    desmobob

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    It looks like they picked off lint balls from a sweatshirt and called it something new!!!

All kidding aside, I am interested in this for on the water type outings and or wetter climate trips, if the cost is better (read cheaper) than dri-down.
    Me too, but I am super interested in the treated down. If this lives up to the claims, the question will as always be: will it hold it's loft over the years? Will it stand up to being slept in ( lots of wear on the layer that is under you)? Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by desmobob View Post
    I was thinking of trying it and almost ordered a jacket this weekend. But on second thought, I realized another "down" type jacket or vest is the last thing I need. (So I picked up a Marmot Super Gravity soft shell instead!)

It looks pretty neat and if it works as advertised, it will be a nice alternative to down or bulky synthetics.

Take it easy,
    desmobob
    I think I saw "Primaloft" in the specs? If so, is this the same Primaloft that has been around for years, or some significant new version of PL?

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1/ DIY SL Digicam 1.8
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ / DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Haven't seen anything listed that indicates more innovation than less marketing gimmick. Mould be happy to be persuaded otherwise with some real data, which seems pretty nonexistent.

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    Primaloft in balls sewed into individual pockets. What will be interesting is the baffle height if there is any. He said baffle but they look sewn through.
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

• + New Posts