The 1.9 sil I ordered from Rockywoods arrived yesterday, and I just got around to unfurling it to lay mark out the pattern for my Hex Cat tarp. Looks good, except "foliage green" is a lot darker than their page described. I don't really care since it's still green, but I did have to get matching thread (which is really difficult, being red-green colorblind )

I think I'll be completing this project pretty quickly, since my whole apartment is now invovled I'll be tiptoeing around the perimeter of my living room for the time being, though. Hopefully I'll finish sewing the first tarp in a couple days, and the second even faster (and hopefully better).

I found a wall long enough to hang fabric to mark the longest (5') cat-cut, and I'll buy a chalk-line to "rough out" the general polygon tomorrow. Are they any other tools I should pick up before diving in (yes, I have scissors )?

The sil I ordered is 61" across (close enough for the hex-cat plan, which calls for 62"), where do ya'll go to get stuff wider than that? I didn't find sil (or any ripstop) anywhere over 60" wide besides Rockywoods.

TCB