I have finished both UQ's, both have new suspensions are ready for their stuff sacks. I have added new 2.2 zing-it suspension with triangles and mitten hooks and 1/8 shock cord.
I read about the triangles some seem to be using and thought I would make some and try them. They are made ov 2.2 zing it with loops spliced into the ends.
I used about zing-it for the main suspension and again sliced in loops on the end and attached the shock cord with a sheet bend. The zing-it is lighter and stronger than using all shock cord. The UQ slides on it very well as it is slick stuff.
I tried the UQ just sliding on the zing-it and during the night it seemed to bunch up, so I did some research and came across LeighLo Quilts, he uses a suspension he acquired from Grizz. It uses the the channel suspension but incorporates shock cord and end loops on the UQ. I had to go back and add some nylon loops to the UQ, which I made from left-over nylon trimming.
The shock cord runs from the zing-it forward thru mitten hooks attached to the loops in the triangles, back to the loops on the UQ. You use cord locks to tension the whole thing. It keeps the UQ stretched but still lets you slide it back and forth. It really is slick. I think overall it has more function and by using zing-it with shock cord ends it is lighter. The shock cord is easily replaced because of the sheet bend attachment.
Well that is pretty much it, I had fun and hope it helped someone. The suspension is really trick and if nothing else one should give it a look and try.