Tarp
    DIY 11 ft cat cut
    Insulation
    DIY down diff cut
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Images

SOLD: ResQLink personal EPIRB rescue beacon

This small GPS locator beacon is about the size of a cell phone. It will work anywhere you can get a GPS signal and it transmits your emergency signal to satellites which then goes to a call center that will make the appropriate notifications.
    A family friend bought it in September of last year and no longer needs it so it was given to me. The unit is in excellent shape and works perfectly. He also purchased a waterproof protective bag for it which I will include. It is in the original packaging with directions and a wrist lanyard.
    This beacon has a long life lithium battery which is good for 5 years. At the end of that time, you ship it off to have the battery replaced and the O rings replaced to assure it will hold up to moisture and weather.
    It is a fantastic product and one I would like to keep, but I just don't think I need something like this as much as I need other items right now so I am offering it for sale.
    I am asking $190 for it. I will ship it USPS priority mail within the continental US. Paypal payment is fine.
    I figured this forum was a great place to offer it since many of you go on long and remote through hikes in areas with no or limited cell coverage. This can also be used on the water or offshore, as my friend did.
    Please check the link provided below for the manufacturers site's information.
    Of course, you can research it on Google or anywhere else too.
    Registering as its new owner can be done through a website.
    http://www.acrelectronics.com/produc...qlink-406-gps/

-Sarge
    Last edited by Resqsarge03; 08-03-2012 at 21:58.

What is the manufactured date on the label on the back? Also, how many times has the GPS test and "I'm OK" functionality been used?

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Has it already been registered?

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HG INC\TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

the real deal

I beleive the ACR has no OK button your thinking of the spot witch has a monthly fee and inferior range this is a serious recue beacon 466 mhz I know cause I really want it but cant scrub up the cash some one should get this.

Hammock
    DIY DL gathered end hammock
    Tarp
    DIY 11 ft cat cut
    Insulation
    DIY down diff cut
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Images
    Manufactured September 2011.
    Recommended battery replacement date on the sticker says 9-2017.
    Billy must have tested it on occasion. I tested it once to be sure it responded to the test cycle with the proper lights.
    Half the registration card is gone- the part you mail off to register it so I am assuming it is currently registered. I don't know anything more about the process other than I went to the beacon registration website and saw it can be done.

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY 11 ft cat cut
    Insulation
    DIY down diff cut
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Images
    Here are the contents of the box. The half card was actually a product registration card. There is a paper registration form for the beacon but I am pretty sure Billy registered it online.

-Sarge

According to 406link.com, with subscription, the resqlink can send 220 "i'm ok" and 12 gps test messages over the 5-year battery life. Also, I read somewhere that the original owner needs to unregister the beacon before a new owner can register it. I think this is to make ensure that if the new owner forgets to register it, then the beacon won't be tied to the old owner's emergency contacts.

From the acr faq:
    Q: What are my obligations with regard to registering and re-registering my beacon?

A beacon should be registered at the time of purchase or installation. The registration of a beacon is valid for 2 (two) years. The owner should re-register the beacon every two years. If change of ownership occurs, the original owner must notify the authorities and de-register the beacon before the new owner can register.

So if you can unregister the beacon, then I would be interested in taking this. Please PM me payment info. Thanks!

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY 11 ft cat cut
    Insulation
    DIY down diff cut
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Images
    The original owner is deceased. I did not want to mention that but I guess it is relevant. I don't know where that leaves us.
    His brother and I were best friends growing up and, after his death this spring, his mother offered me some of his things. This was one of those items.
    I certainly don't want to give the wrong impression or have anyone think I am trying to pull a "fast one" here.
    Maybe I need to do more research.
    Please consider this offer on hold until I can research what Mauhler31 said. Thanks Mauhler.
    -Sarge

I recently sold a similar unit - I don't think it will be a problem to re-register the unit, just call up NOAA and speak to them directly. When the new owner registered it, they simply called to verify with me that the unit had changed hands. When you register you have to provide 2 or 3 other contacts in case of emergency, so in your case they may simply call one of the other people to verify your story. There is no cost to register a unit, and of course NOAA wants to make sure that the correct info is associated with the beacon for obvious reasons.

Here is the web site with additional info and contacts, etc..

https://beaconregistration.noaa.gov/rgdb/

-- Tom

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY 11 ft cat cut
    Insulation
    DIY down diff cut
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Images
    Thanks Tom. I went to the beaconregistration site and went through the online stuff only to get referred to a phone number at the Suitland MD location. I will follow through with that Monday as I imagine they are closed today.
    By the way- I changed the title of my post in this threat to ON HOLD but it did not change the thread title listing on the FS main thread. Any ideas how or if I can do that?
    I appreciate everyone's help so far. I will keep y'all posted. I think it is worth doing whatever I have to do to get this unit properly registered or ready to be registered so that someone can benefit from it.
    -Sarge

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast