Tarping & structural ridgelining an ENO Doublenest

I have added a structural ridgeline to a doublenest, trying out the 83% length, but it interferes with the tarp.

I have 1" straps with cinch buckles (spring loaded with teeth, like on a cargo strap) for suspension, and am concerned that they will cut the tarp.

Sooo, I found the thread on rigging the tarp cords around the tree so that it creates a hollow area for the suspension to go between, theoretically allowing the tarp to be lower than the straps, but with the ridgeline it will not.

This is an issue, because when I get in the hammock (stretched tight), the sag is still low enough that if weather was bad rain would/could get in.

My tarp is a Speer 8x10

Any advice would be helpful. I am new to hanging. Thank you

Hammock
    ENO/tablecloth
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    yeti,peapod(1st v
    Suspension
    whoopies treestrap
    are you using the ridgeline to hold the tarp up? the ridgeline for the hammock is to maintain constant sag in the hammock. the tarp uses separate tie outs.
    Peanuts

"A womans place is on the trail"

using the RL for constant sag, but seems like I need the suspension straps fairly taut at about eye level so my butt is not on the ground. When empty, the hammock obviously sits higher, and hits the bottom of the tarp ridge

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL Black
    Tarp
    HG Camo Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator/Mamba
    Suspension
    DIY DG Whoopies
    I, too, am very new to all these shenanigans (and howdy from a fellow Coloradoan!), but I'm not understanding how your SRL is interfering with the tarp. Do you mean that you can't get the tarp down close enough to you?

And you certainly shouldn't be having to get your hammock suspension taut. Each line should be about 30° from horizontal, so that's lots of slack, and you should probably be putting your straps at or above head level. A diagram courtesy of the awesome dejoha (Derek):

Hopefully that helps you out. One other pointer I'd give is that I had a heck of a time getting my DN comfy until just the other day. Hang the foot end around a foot above the head end and experiment moving it up and down from that position around 6 inches. And don't forget to lay on the diagonal.

EDIT: I'll throw this one on here too:

Kyle: thank you for the extra graphics and info.

I think maybe my thinking on that was based purely on the way a couple of setups looked in their pics, and they could have been set that way as an example of showing the structure, or perhaps the pic just showed the straps actual angle unclearly.

I will definitely play around with this. Problem I have is my wife wants/likes things to be "done", and cannot understand the concept of fiddling around with things, so it can aggrevate her when I do. BUT, that's my problem to deal with here

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG CF W/ doors
    Insulation
    EE above and below
    Suspension
    Dutch whoopie hook
    What material are your straps and tarp RL made of? i can't imagine anything in my rig sharp enough to cut fabric or straps/cordage. Maybe just replace/remove whatever sharp items you have so this isn't an issue? I use whoopies on my DN and some cheap nylon cordage from the hardware store for the tarp, they shouldn't interfere or damage one another.

• + New Posts