UQ- down pillows/duvets

I'm looking to convert an old 1/2 season down sleeping bag into a Under Quilt. I've done the UQ bit, I just need to fill it with a bit more down. [I hung a month or two ago with it under and the down slipped into the middle- I also need to sew new channels into it!]

SO I was thinking... Duvets and pillows have a % of down in them... What if I get a cheap duvet from ebay or something? Or a couple of down pillows? Would a low % down pillow "do" for a little project?

I don't need much, as the sleeping bag has already got some in it. It just needs a little fluffing! I didn't think it would be worth the hassle of finding a UK supplier and then buying a bulk load.

OOORR alternatively, if a lovely forum member has some spare...!!

Hammock
    Dutch 11' Netless
    Tarp
    CW 12' All Season
    Insulation
    HG 10 Econ, SLD TW
    Suspension
    Straps+J Bend Knot
    If you were in the states, I'd hook you up.

****! I'm in UK so postage would be a lot ><

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7Dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator &amp; Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie&amp;Dutchstuff
    Matt at UKHammocks sells down, I'm sure he could sort you out with whatever you need.

However, you might find that your bag is wider than a purpose made TQ. If you were to trim the bag but keep the same amount of down in the reduced baffles, you would increase the volume of down in the TQ.

Atb

Mark

Just noticed that you are making a UQ not a TQ , but my comment could apply to both.

My sides get cold so I'll be hanging the UQ so that it goes up the sides of the hammock with shock cord

I've had alook at UKhammocks but the price is higher than I was expecting, especially since I need a few hundred grams.

How many 100gs do you recommend I use to fill a 1/2 season sleeping bag to a rough UQ spec?

• + New Posts