Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    "culture" <giggles>
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    HH UL Backpacker Zip/ HH Expedition
    Tarp
    Expedition &amp; Hex
    Insulation
    Homemade UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Soon to be Whoopie
    OMG OMG OMG!!!

Last minute here but the wife and I are planning on making it. Quick question...I missed last years hang due too the Honeymoon but the year prior I was able to book a campsite in that specific area online but I can no longer figure it out.

Does anyone have a link to where I can manage to pull this off again? I wouldn't mind sharing but we are planning on bringing the pups and don't want them bothering others.

I didn't have time to browse all the posts on here so I have a few quick questions.

Year beofre last I got in on the group buy for the amsteel. Can anyone there teach me how to put it on my hammocks? Life has been busy so I havent touched them since the hang out 2 years ago.

This means I'm still ghetto fabulous with all my rigging...watch how I tie blankets to my hammock!!!

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Is this what you're looking for?
    http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/business/park_reservations/

We'll get you and your Amsteel all squared away.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Glad you'll be joining us! Please add your info to the participant sheet linked below.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayak Camper View Post
    ...I missed last years hang due too the Honeymoon but the year prior I was able to book a campsite in that specific area online but I can no longer figure it out.

Does anyone have a link to where I can manage to pull this off again?

I didn't have time to browse all the posts on here so I have a few quick questions.

Year beofre last I got in on the group buy for the amsteel. Can anyone there teach me how to put it on my hammocks? Life has been busy so I havent touched them since the hang out 2 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    As I was reviewing the posts in this thread, I ran across one where I promised to post answers to some of the frequently asked questions from this year and others, so here we go...

How do I reserve a site?
    First one can go to the park website and follow the links to reserve a site. When doing an availability search use the parameters: Tents, Water Only, No Electricity and the default will get you to the area called "Springfield" where we will be camping.

What’s the deal about an Amsteel group buy?
    This year, as in the past, we’ve done a low key group buy...

I’m buying line or bringing some, what do I do with it?
    See “Rat” as well as several other folks on site that are experienced splicer’s willing to share their knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    Is this what you're looking for?
    http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/business/park_reservations/

We'll get you and your Amsteel all squared away.
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    "culture" <giggles>
    Hey now---I got plenty of culture. Fact is, I got three of 'em growing in the back of my refrigerator and another in that hard to reach spot on the floor behind the bookcase.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end / WL Snipe
    Tarp
    DIY 8x10 sil/ M.O.
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/ 20*Pheonix
    Suspension
    DIYwhoopie slings
    How many will be attending?
    Last year we were right at 50 folks and the space can accommodate twice that or more. (The first year we had a couple of dozen and the following year over 40.) To date, there are over 90 either committed or indicating an interest in coming.

90!!!! I'm going to have to quit cutting firewood,and do some quick millwork to come up with that many new tags. If jrs brings all those skins we won't need a fire anyway, those are some warm and cozy skins.

Hammock
    WBBB; Bridge in progress
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    Short UQ/pad combo
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EastTexasHanger View Post
    How many will be attending?
    Last year we were right at 50 folks and the space can accommodate twice that or more. (The first year we had a couple of dozen and the following year over 40.) To date, there are over 90 either committed or indicating an interest in coming.

90!!!! I'm going to have to quit cutting firewood,and do some quick millwork to come up with that many new tags. If jrs brings all those skins we won't need a fire anyway, those are some warm and cozy skins.
    The community fire is one of my favorite parts.

I missed it last year due to work conflicts but I'm really looking forward to this year.

Hammock
    HH UL Backpacker Zip/ HH Expedition
    Tarp
    Expedition &amp; Hex
    Insulation
    Homemade UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Soon to be Whoopie
    Ok so we got one of the last 3 camp sites available! Looks like we have a party!

I tried to fill out the attending form on my iPhone but I honestly have no clue if I was successful or not.

The wife and I plus our two pups will be attending and as stated we will have our own site. With this many people I'm hoping that my site has trees! Ill bring a tent just in case.

The wife and I are excited about making another hang out! Might have her make those pies again since year before last we were told they were a hit.

Anything I need to know in advance or that I should bring (other than whats already been posted in the previous FAQs area) Are ground fires allowed or do I need to bring a fire barrel?
    Last edited by Kayak Camper; 10-18-2012 at 11:50.

Hammock
    WBBB; Bridge in progress
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    Short UQ/pad combo
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayak Camper View Post
    Ok so we got one of the last 3 camp sites available! Looks like we have a party!

I tried to fill out the attending form on my iPhone but I honestly have no clue if I was successful or not.

The wife and I plus our two pups will be attending and as stated we will have our own site. With this many people I'm hoping that my site has trees! Ill bring a tent just in case.

The wife and I are excited about making another hang out! Might have her make those pies again since year before last we were told they were a hit.

Anything I need to know in advance or that I should bring (other than whats already been posted in the previous FAQs area) Are ground fires allowed or do I need to bring a fire barrel?
    They have fire rings at each site. Earlier it was noted that the burn ban was lifted.

Hammock
    Clark Camo NX-250
    Tarp
    EOS 4 Season
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20&#7
    Suspension
    JRB Whoopie Sling
    WOW! I just reserved my site and there were only two available in Springfield. Now there's just ONE left. Just in time.

Also, I'm trying to get my wife in a hammock when she comes out this year, but I'm in desperate need of an UQ. Would someone be willing to let me borrow it for the weekend so her little tush doesn't freeze? Otherwise, she's sleeping with Max in his Pup Tent.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away.

Slinky

• + New Posts
  • Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast