Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Always Changing :)
    Lol....I appreciate that. I'm hoping to be a bit more responsible on this trip!
    If you ain't havin' fun, you're doin' it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by mortonjl View Post
    I will be with spaceweasel and caveman, with double hearing protection and a barf bag for the caveman

Too funny....

Why haven't you changed your name?

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    Thanks Sarge, since you are in with the ones that I have reserved, I will possibly/likely be putting someone with you. Still looking for 5 total in your group?
    So far that's the plan. If I arrive early enough on Friday, they will come down from Dallas Friday nite, but more likely they will show up Saturday AM.

Hammock
    WBRR, BMBH
    Tarp
    SuperFly, Hard Roc
    My wife was planning on coming but she has bailed. It will be only myself. I don't know how many can fit on one site but anyone is welcome to come and share my site.

Hammock
    Dangerbird 72
    Tarp
    HH Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    You're allowed to have up to 8 on each site.

Kattelyn and I haven't gotten any PM's from anyone, so it's still just the two of us and the dog at the moment. So that means we can have up to 6 more people if they want to share with us.
    "Can't we all just live in trees and hammocks?"
    -- Sam Gribley, My Side of the Mountain

Hammock
    Claytor
    Tarp
    Black Cat
    Insulation
    Exped 7
    Suspension
    straps
    Images
    Howdy Mike and everyone,
    I've convinced our troop to spend the weekend at Fairfield and come by and check out all the set-ups. I have converted 4-5 Scouts to hammocks and am working on 1-2 adult leaders who are tired of waking up sore.

We'll probably be at the other end of the park so that we don't disturb ya'll too much. We are a pretty quiet group (and generally well behaved) and plan on hiking out and back to the primitive area on Saturday.

I'm hoping to bring 4-8 folks by late Saturday afternoon while the others work on dinner.

Tango61

ps - I've updated the spreadsheet and we'll be making our own reservations this week.

Hammock
    My DIY 1.9 SL ATACS-FG WB clone
    Tarp
    DIY Sil ATACS Hex
    Insulation
    Underquilt.com FL
    Suspension
    DBL StrapCarabiner
    Images
    I'm one who is coming alone, and asking to share. I will bring a stand, and my attempts at DIY "frugal" style. This is a first time group hang for me, and third time camping outside. I sleep full time in a hammock in the house though, and have been tweaking gear for possible fall temps. I don't mind dogs, guitars, or grumpy old men I can tell war stories, both as a retired Navy Chief, and a current school administrator, or just watch the guitar fret boards curl and smoke in the fire I plan to arrive early afternoon on Friday. I also don't mind helping out with anything needed.
    Semper Veritas.

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Hey campers, just a clarification in case I've confused things. (Some PM questions let me know this might not be clear.) If I have you listed as "UncleMJM's sites reserved for sharing", that means you have a place and DO NOT need to reserve one through the park.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    Please double check the Participant Spreadsheet and Update as needed.

From what I see on the spreadsheet and PM's I've received, I've listed those who have asked me to reserve them a space prior to my cut off date...

Please take a look at the list below and if your info is not as you expect it to be, take just a moment to PM me and update the spreadsheet.

UncleMJM's sites reserved for sharing:
    Thursday
    UncleMJM + 4; Texas Longhorns; Alan; ^shane^ + 1; tbctx; Widgetdr + 1; SanAntoneTy; Tarp; Cogneato; Hornman

Friday
    oldgringo; cashkeith + 1; sargevining + 4; Incoming; AlteredMentalStatus + 1; Rat + 4; Gospidey + 1; Brute1100; Dankie; Buck + 3; Shutterbuff; Gimpy; Gmcpcs; Skyclad; Mordakail; LoneStarRider; Shutternut; Captn & Mate; TeamVenture + 1; Easttex +3
    If you are on the list above, you are good to go with a space in a shared site. We'll be sharing sites, averaging 5 folks per site. Based on the requests as of 10/2, I've reserved and paid for 11 sites to cover us.

I'll PM more details the week prior to the event to let you know how to check in and find the site you'll be using.

It's going to be a great time and I can't wait!
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    WBRR, BMBH
    Tarp
    SuperFly, Hard Roc
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcpcs View Post
    I'm one who is coming alone, and asking to share. I will bring a stand, and my attempts at DIY "frugal" style. This is a first time group hang for me, and third time camping outside. I sleep full time in a hammock in the house though, and have been tweaking gear for possible fall temps. I don't mind dogs, guitars, or grumpy old men I can tell war stories, both as a retired Navy Chief, and a current school administrator, or just watch the guitar fret boards curl and smoke in the fire I plan to arrive early afternoon on Friday. I also don't mind helping out with anything needed.
    I have already mentioned that I have plenty of room since each site is being arranged for 5 people each. You are more than welcome to join me at my site. I will be arriving Friday afternoon. I will be setting up something different that I have just gotten which is a TeePee modified to fit two bridge hammocks. If you don't mind setting up next to it then you are most welcome.

Ray ( powerscout)

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcpcs View Post
    Uncle Mike;

See if you can put gmcps with me, even if he is Navy. War stories and DIY frugal is kind of in my wheelhouse. And if he's got a stand, I bet we could squeeze another tree hanger, too. My son was in the Marines, maybe we can find an old zoomie to put in with us and we can start our own American Legion chapter.

• + New Posts
  • Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast