Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamVenture View Post
    That wasn't my understanding of the group buy. And even with that being the case, I wanted to honor my purchase decision so that someone wasn't out that money. If its not necessary, okay. But I felt I had to at least offer. I agree, I hope that things work more in my favor next year and we get to participate in what I knew (and has since been proved) to be an amazingly wonderful event. Being brand new to this community, I feel like I've missed "The Event" in which to immerse myself in all things hammock and community.

Even though I didn't get to partake, thank you for putting this together. And thanks to everyone else for making it great, makes next year even more anticipatory. Thank you, Throkda, for offering the ride as well. Look forward to dog park time.

Happy Humpday folks!
    I appreciate your post and look forward to seeing you next year!

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Quote Originally Posted by gospidey View Post
    Thanks to all the “MacGyver(s)” who attempted with partial success, to resurrect my dead Durango. I am so impressed and blessed with the compassion you all showed. Thanks to Slinky for the use of a phone, and to Mike for letting the Rangers know my situation.
    A special BIG tanks to Gimpy for helping me get to the Rangers station so I could make some needed calls and arrange for them to pick me up the next day. Above and beyond brother.
    Thanks to “Split” who didn’t split, kept me company, and brewed up some hot java on a rainy Sunday. You are a interesting individual.
    Props to all of y'all. This exemplifies the spirit of HF, and is what keeps me coming back. Bravo Zulu.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    Glad you and your kin could join us Sarge. I'm looking forward to hearing Scout the Wonder Dog's impression of the weekend.
    As requested, Scout The Wonder Dog and the Children In The Woods has been posted.

It isn't a report on the Texas Hang, per se, as this was more of a family re-union for us. The last time the grandchildren and I were together was at their grandmother's memorial service. I really do want to thank you and the rest of the Community for providing the venue as it was perfect for this. The kids had a very postive experience, along with a whole lot of fun. My son has become enthusiastic about hammock camping as a result, so you'll be seeing all of us next year.

Hammock
    My DIY 1.9 SL ATACS-FG WB clone
    Tarp
    DIY Sil ATACS Hex
    Insulation
    Underquilt.com FL
    Suspension
    DBL StrapCarabiner
    Images
    Thought I would write my thanks before the thread is finished. This was my first group hang, and my third outdoor sleep in my hammock, although I now sleep full time in the house.

I sincerely appreciate Uncle Mike for being the organizer to all his, and also appreciate Katlyn for doing the nature walk/lecture. I am always fascinated by the wealth of knowledge regarding vittles in the wild, and Katlyn actually cooked some of it up! Mike's breakfast was truly awesome, and the pot luck Saturday was super nice.

It was lots of fun to check out the different setups, and the different lessons on amsteel. A big thanks also to the person who cut the Swedish candles and then let us burn them up! The rocket stove was neat also.

The give away was nice, especially since I won a venom stove (Y'all didn't see my hour and a half cooking over my coffee can stove for lunch Saturday...)

And best of all, I met a new friend in Sarge Vining, his grandchildren and family at the spot we shared! Sarge is definitely a great guy, and puts the scout's "Be Prepared" motto to shame! Scout is a wonder dog, specially when he finally cozied up to me and let me scratch behind his ears.

Thanks too, for those who came by and listened to me blather about my stand and setup, a guy named space weasel comes to mind...I promise I will get you one of those welcome mats with the cute picture of the goat on it.

You all take it easy, and I will hope to see you again sometime, maybe on the Texas Lone Star trail, or somewhere else in East Texas, where there's trees and water in the lakes!

Sincerely,
    gmcpcs
    Patrick
    Semper Veritas.

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Thanks for the kind words, Patrick. It was great camping with you and the kids enjoyed your company as well. Proof that you are Good People is the fact that Scout cozied up to you and let you scratch his ears. Hope we can do it again next year.
    Last edited by sargevining; 11-26-2012 at 09:33.

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    The time has flown by and it's already summer, hot, and humid.

I don't know about you folks, but I'm ready to think about November again so this year's planning thread for version 5.0 of the Texas Fall Group Hang is now up and ready for conversation.

• + New Posts
  • Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142