DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    I'll lay out all the components of the cookset.

Scout the Wonder Dog will have limited Press availability (off the record background interviews only). No Autographs and no pictures please.

Hammock
    Dangerbird 11' Cobalt / Burgundy.
    Tarp
    Homemade Mega Ogee
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Straps & buckles
    So, a vote for "Yes"

How about smores?

I think i said on other thread I was going to make a BIG bowl of pico de gallo with chips, for friday evening, I think Tarp and hornman will remember last big bowl, anyway, mainly bc so much food on sat night, and was thinking for vegan folks I'd fix vegan fajitas and tortillas, maybe some dead cooked farm animal fixed on the side for sat.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end / WL Snipe
    Tarp
    DIY 8x10 sil/ M.O.
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/ 20*Pheonix
    Suspension
    DIYwhoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Kattelyn View Post
    Now everybody knows the old saying... If you don't like the weather, wait a minute and it'll change. Fall weather down here is especially unpredictable.

But, here's a preliminary long-range forecast.

Accuweather forecast for Fairfield Texas

Will we have our first hang in the rain? How's y'alls tarps?

Of course, it's a bunch of hammock folks, so all we do is laugh and burrow deeper into the covers and listen to the rain on our tarps.... and pity those poor ground dwellers.
    It won't be the first time it rained. A couple yrs ago it rained Fri night an lows in mid 30s, GoodTimes..

Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    On another thread there have been some questions posed about what to bring to the pot luck, is there going to be Stone Soup, how about Friday night snacks?

I'm tossing that out here so those subscribed to this thread hear the same questions.
    If the Stone Soup is in Randys pot we'll need a 4x4 table for that pot alone

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Super Fly & Cuben
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    We don't have tarps yet but have been told there will be those who have extras to share so we will not worry but prefer a no rain campout.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Super Fly & Cuben
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Thanks for posting that forecast and now I know where to go to look at it again in this ever changing weather state we live in. I wonder if the hurricane conditions up northeast will affect us in the southwest.

Hammock
    Dangerbird 11' Cobalt / Burgundy.
    Tarp
    Homemade Mega Ogee
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Straps & buckles
    Beverly,

NOAA is the most accurate that I've found. And this graph is the most accurate. However, it doesn't go out that far. So we're having to wait. I'm going to be posting it later when its useful. Predicting the weather accurately gets exponentially harder the further into the future you try to go.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Super Fly & Cuben
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie

I am so excited to learn more about hammocking

Quote Originally Posted by jrs View Post
    Beverly, I'll have extra hammock wbbb & wilderness logic night owl, NEO dbl, and insulation, so you both can use a hammock, also extra tarp, wb super fly, kelty 12, as babelfish5, noted we're sharing site and there's always room, so you can try out different hammocks. jim

Thank you and all who offered to share. We did go ahead and purchase ENOs but are counting on fellow campers to share tarps and insulation....otherwise we may just freeze. Everyone here is so kind and helpful. I can hardly wait to meet all in person.

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    If it looks like its actually going to rain all weekend the closer we get I will borrow a truck instead of riding the motorcycle... I have about a half s truck load of mesquite at the house I am willing to bring and donate to whoever needs some extra fire/heat...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

It's Countdown Time!!!

It's November!!!!

In just a few days there will be scores of hammocks infesting the trees of Texas and I for one am really looking forward to it!

The weather forecast is looking great, of course what we say in Texas is if you don't like the weather, wait a bit and it will change. For right now though it looks like it will be clear to partly cloudy with highs in the 70's and lows in that great sleeping 50 range. Rain forecasts that I see are in the 20% range so come prepared, but no need to be afraid.

The folks there are looking forward to us coming and are very hammock friendly. This is in no small part due to great past experiences with us. We've respected their rules over the past several years and plan to do so again this year. There are plenty of links to park rules in preceding posts so if you haven't checked them out please take a moment to do so.

Folks are asking great questions either here or by PM! Don't be shy. Keep asking and those in the know, please keep answering!

By now you should either have your site reserved or arrangements made to share a site with someone who has. If not and you have questions, feel free to PM me. Also, please update the spreadsheet with that info if you haven’t already.

Remember that everyone is on their own for food with two exceptions. Our tradition is Saturday Morning breakfast tacos on me and a community pot luck dinner for us to all share in Saturday Evening.

There will be supplies and instructions for reflectix cozy making; splicing instruction for those who bring their own line or are taking delivery of the group buy of amsteel, (there is some line left for those who may want some); and a gear swap so bring things you'd like to trade, cash or plans to do PayPal from the woods.

We'll also have give away items for a Saturday night drawing. Although I have not solicited it, I’ve received items from folks who want to add to our good time: Underground Quilts and Outdoor Gear, Whoopee Slings.com, and Zelph’s Stoveworks; so THANK YOU to them and look forward to getting something cool. There will be other items too! (Everyone there will get one chance at the drawing and those who donate items for give away will get an additional chance per item.)

Of course there will be plenty of "show and tell", "gear talk", and time for relaxation whether on a trail, fishing from the bank, or napping in a hammock.

Yep, I'm counting down the days!
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

• + New Posts
  • Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast