Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Always Changing :)
    In a worst case scenario, you could buy one of those cheap pads. Of course, you would have to let her use your underquilt while you tried to sleep on the pad....

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    WOW! I just reserved my site and there were only two available in Springfield. Now there's just ONE left. Just in time.

Also, I'm trying to get my wife in a hammock when she comes out this year, but I'm in desperate need of an UQ. Would someone be willing to let me borrow it for the weekend so her little tush doesn't freeze? Otherwise, she's sleeping with Max in his Pup Tent.
    If you ain't havin' fun, you're doin' it wrong

Hammock
    Dangerbird 72
    Tarp
    HH Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    We can bring along our insultex underquilts, and might be convinced to let someone borrow them if they'd be otherwise unable to hang without one
    "Can't we all just live in trees and hammocks?"
    -- Sam Gribley, My Side of the Mountain

Hammock
    Clark Camo NX-250
    Tarp
    EOS 4 Season
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20&#7
    Suspension
    JRB Whoopie Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    In a worst case scenario, you could buy one of those cheap pads. Of course, you would have to let her use your underquilt while you tried to sleep on the pad....
    I would let her have my UQ, but I have a Clark Jungle Hammock and my UQ consist of 6 UQ's that slip into little pockets under my hammock. I bought her one of Smokehouse's hammocks at the Ozark hang and haven't had a chance/money to get a good UQ for her. I have the pad and I know what you mean about trying to sleep on one. I'm just trying to make her first hang a good one so she'll keep coming. She's going to be blown away at the sheer number of hammocks hanging around and the great group of people I stumbled upon several years ago. Anyone that can help would be greatly appreciated.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away.

Slinky

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Always Changing :)
    Well....it sounds like she gets the Clark then! JK.

I'm sure there will be plenty of gear available. The insultex that Throkda mentioned should work very well for the beautiful weather I am counting on
    If you ain't havin' fun, you're doin' it wrong

Hi Slinky, I may have an extra HG Phoenix 20* or a new river, the reason I say may have, I think someone is going to use one or other, anyway I'll be on a sheep skin, so one or the other, just pm me and let me know, someone had said they were interested in procuring Phoenix as it's never been used, but haven't heard back from them so I'll have it, again one or the other you'll have if you want, jim

I had the great pleasure of meeting UncleMJM and Longhorn this weekend and both are very nice guys.We were talking and I ran the idea past MJM but wanted to see what all you think about it.
    I think that a flea market style gear swap or sale would be fun. Nothing formal, but just something fun. If enough of you think it is something that sounds good then we will figure the rest of it out in the next couple of weeks to get it set.
    Any and all suggestions will help.
    Thank you

sounds good, i think most of us have excess equipment, good idea, heck, old gringo probably bring a trailer load and can you imagine the gear Alan has, never mind, forgot he has no room in his little hot wheels ride.

I'm in for sure. Thanks to spaceweaseal, caveman, UncleMJM, easttex, sargevining and Texas longhorns for a great preview this weekend.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole;DIY
    Insulation
    HGIncubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by mortonjl View Post
    I'm in for sure. Thanks to spaceweaseal, caveman, UncleMJM, easttex, sargevining and Texas longhorns for a great preview this weekend.
    Glad you could make it out and get a taste of this hammocking goodness, Jeff.
    I'm all for this market of flea you've mentioned, Space. But, will certainly survey the surrounding trees before entering your area of Weseal paradox.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by jrs View Post
    ...and can you imagine the gear Alan has, never mind, forgot he has no room in his little hot wheels ride.

The car is gone. This followed me home last week...

• + New Posts
  • Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast