HH , WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    the edge
    Insulation
    HG 40/0 phoenix
    Suspension
    whoopies

well i did it!!!

Ihavent been liking my HH .the bottom enrty just sucks. So today i cut off the bug neting .This made such a huge diffrence .got more room seems more comforatble .no need to tie out .And its alot easier to adjust my UQ. im loving my HH again best thing i could have done .whoopies soon . This will be a spare but ill be taking out a few times soon .
    just curious if any you guys cut the net off your HH ..

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    You could send it to 2QZQ and have it modded with some zippers along each side giving you a new entry point or allowing you the option of rolling back the entire netting when not needed.
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon360 View Post
    You could send it to 2QZQ and have it modded with some zippers along each side giving you a new entry point or allowing you the option of rolling back the entire netting when not needed.
    If you still have the netting, we can reattach it using the zipper mod #4. If interested check out our website below. ZQ
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe+2QZQ Mod #4
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    Never understood why you'd spend that much money on a hammock with a net, and then cut it off.

I totally get doing the mod thing...don't take me wrong. I've had my Explorer modded with 2QZQ's mod #4...and love it.

But if I'd bought the HH and didn't like the lay or feel with the net...I'd have put it up for sale here and made the majority of my money back, and then picked up an ENO or something similar for a much lower price...and take the remaining money and either look at an unattached netting (like the ENO Guardian) or a good tarp.

Don't take me wrong...if Jonesy is happy with his mod, it's all good. But probably not the route I'd have taken.

Hammock
    HH A-sym snake skins, hex tarp
    Tarp
    General's Custom
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear 3/4
    Suspension
    tree hugger
    Images
    I have spent many a night with a head net...might work where you live won't work north of New York to Canada .... By the way the bottom entry is excellent, You walk backwards and fall in...

When you had too much liquor - you wont end up on the ground or wrapped like a pinata. Happened to me years ago in a Byers Mosquito. I laughed after I figured out how to get out. Never saw it coming.
    There was an Old Man with a owl,
    Who continued to bother and howl;
    He sat on a rail, And imbibed bitter ale,
    Which refreshed that Old Man and his owl
    .WOO

Hammock
    HH , WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    the edge
    Insulation
    HG 40/0 phoenix
    Suspension
    whoopies
    im not interested in a adding a zip mod if i was i would have done that. its not what i wanted ,and im very happy with my choice .Thank you 2questions for the offer..
    i mean really big deal its a cheap hammock ive had the thing for years .and its not my go too hammock , thats it .i really dont feel i should have to explain myself . its what i wanted. it will work for me and thats it.. it not like i just went out and bought the thing , its not like its my only hammock. not to mention its not my only HH stuffed in the closet not being used .

the point is i have been here a long time , i would have never insulted any of you with your gear or choices you made with you gear..
    Last edited by jonesy; 08-10-2012 at 20:00.

Hammock
    Hennessy Survivor
    Tarp
    OES MACCAT ULTRA
    Suspension
    All-in-one whoopie
    Easy big fella... nobody insulted you. They just said thats not the route they would have went and why... When you post on here do you really just want people to respond with "Way to Go", "Me too" or "awesome" or do you want to learn something from folks that might have more experience. Do your thing man, but don't get pissed if someone disagrees or makes a recommendation... that's what these forums are about.

The exception to the above statement is when my wife asks me a question... Because I know she's already made up her mind. She doesn't want my opinion... she wants me to agree with her. I don't think you fall into that category though...

Quote Originally Posted by Snow-Ape View Post
    {...} She doesn't want my opinion... she wants me to agree with her. I don't think you fall into that category though...
    yah... Hopefully not...
    We all know of the original "Walk off the war" thru-hike - but, check out these guys, they're helping folks 'walk off the war' today -
    Donate to help fund gear for the warriors who are coming back home and need help walking off the war!
    WarriorHike.com

• + New Posts