"You are right about halloween being too far away. How about lets be packed for a cool weekend the first time it happens. Could be 2016 the way it looks though." Mule

He's right, and I hope he's wrong.

Had good rain here last night, and the temps have dropped off for a day or so at the most. It will be back close to 90 by Sunday, but I know for most, this is the type of break we are looking for, to get a quick shake-down, tune-up or cabin fever type of trip in, before the Halloween Hang.

So as not to create confusion in that thread, lets use this one to formulate some sort of go-to, for whoever can make it, whenever the chance might arise, between now and the swingin' Ghoul fest @ the Cemetery

Lets pack up as best we can. Network and pick a few spots, ahead of time, to park the cars, then head into the Hoosier Uplands, whenever a few of us get a chance to hook up, and the weather gives us awindow.

A lot of these Sassafras trails may be difficult to follow, from whatever trail guide info we can make available to us. Maps, Compass, Possibly GPS, and a good enough sense of humor/adventure, along with enough love of the woods to get a bit lost from time to time, should probably be considered prerequisites. Beyond that, availability and transportation can be the only other considerations.

Lets see what we can make of it. I'll post a list of trails that I can remember, after I think about it a bit more, in my next post, and see what the rest of us can come up with between now and then. Feel free to jump right in.