WBBB 1.7DL
    Tarp
    HG CF 4s
    Insulation
    Shamu & RAB
    Suspension
    All in One whoopie
    Images
    I planning to head back to the Nebo Ridge trail system on the morning of Wed. 8-22-12. I just came back from Brown Hollow. I'm thinking of posting up in the Combs Road trail area where I found a decent pocket of water. (before the storm) Anyone that wants to join just send me a PM and we can coordinated our plans.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    Good luck, and drop us a trip report AA.

My 10 day says 80's and 90's, still a little warm for me. Hope the showers helped freshen the pools, you found last time out.

Wouldn't mind working out the Greenbriar/Hound Dog loop over there sometime. There's a lot more to Jackson Co, than Nebo.

My instincts tell me I'm leaning toward Panther Gap, when the weather breaks a bit. Working the maps and SAS guide over, that DR provided, and feel like I've got to have that one.
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    DIY Whipped End
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx.
    Insulation
    DIY UQ by Mule
    Suspension
    Web'g@Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolloff View Post
    Good luck, and drop us a trip report AA.

My 10 day says 80's and 90's, still a little warm for me. Hope the showers helped freshen the pools, you found last time out.

Wouldn't mind working out the Greenbriar/Hound Dog loop over there sometime. There's a lot more to Jackson Co, than Nebo.

My instincts tell me I'm leaning toward Panther Gap, when the weather breaks a bit. Working the maps and SAS guide over, that DR provided, and feel like I've got to have that one.
    Rolloff, I talked with Mule about the Panther Gap Trail awhile back. He said that the Tulip Tree plantation and the old camp sight in the pines just north of there, in the Will Hayes valley, has matured and overgrown to the point it was almost unrecognizable. I can only imagine how much it has changed since the days we all spent there. Ive been working on improving my health. Hope to see it with you guys at some point in the future. When you check it out post some pictures. I'd love to see them! Al
    Never confuse the facts with the truth! It ain't easy bein' geezy

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    SaabZombie, mentioned some of the same, concerning Patton Cave, and I would think we should probably count on that in general, for all these old SAS trails, except for perhaps, Nebo Ridge, Axsom, and Sycamore branch trails.

It's probably been plenty long enough, to assume few of the listed Landmarks, will be of much help.

Quite a few deer hunters do use Crooked Creek Lake, to park vehicles, and I know they at least use to be able to 4-wheel into Will Hayes or Panther creek valley, from some other access.

At one time, it use to be a prime opening day location. We came down off the ridge into the valley and you could count the little orange "dots" all over the little pine plantation, which like Mule mentioned, is now nearing mature growth and practically unrecognizable, from the 8=10' trees that use to make it up.

Can we do it? Who cares. Any reason to get out in the woods, where other people possibly haven't been for awhile, is kind of a rare thing, in Indiana, now days. HF'rs have been tramping around Nebo ridge trying, and doing a fine job, of getting turned around, for quite a while now. Why should Nebo get all the action?
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL/Grand Trunk UL
    Tarp
    Toxaway/Tadpole
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Okay, I'm back from my visit out east, and after nearly blowing out my knees in the Catskills, I'm ready to get out again.

Anybody interested in a tune-up hike/hang next weekend? (31st-2nd ish) I was thinking the deam just because I know I can get water at the lake.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12