Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    AHE/WL/DiY
    Suspension
    straps and stuff
    have you tried running the hammock on a diagonal from one bed corner to another--in other words, from the head of one bed to the foot end of the other. It would make the length a bit longer; it might not be pulling directly against the shortest axis of the bed. The other idea that came to mind was to make an L-shaped 2x4 brace that could be clamped to the bed to help; I know how schools are about messing up things in their dorm rooms.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    Ozark Trail Cocoon
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas
    Quote Originally Posted by OneEye View Post
    It's hard to tell from the picture in the MAKE article, but the tape is on each side of a rib in a "waffle slab" ceiling. The strips of tape are on a vertical plane, and are in-line with the applied force. The force on the tape is being applied along the tape, and not perpendicular to it. This allows the tape fabric to spread the force along the entire adhesive contact surface, ensuring there are very limited force concentrations. When you pull tape away from a surface, the fabric bends sharply between where it is adhered to the surface and where you are pulling. This creates a dramatic force concentration along a tiny strip of adhesive, usually peeling it away from its adhered surface.
    So I kind of understand what you mean but not sure how to apply to it mounting the bunk.. tape the side of the bunk adjacent to the wall? Im not sure how else to tape it to the wall besides how I have done.

Thank you for the help!

And to all who are suggesting the diagonal underneath the bunk: it does work but is far too low to be sleeping worthy and besides, I have a workstation in the way :P

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterwee View Post
    So I kind of understand what you mean but not sure how to apply to it mounting the bunk.. tape the side of the bunk adjacent to the wall? Im not sure how else to tape it to the wall besides how I have done.
    The tape just isn't going to work for your application. The guy who posted to MAKE had a unique ceiling layout that allowed him to test using tape without killing anyone. Ridge pole suggestions are really the best option for what you have described and photographed.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    Ozark Trail Cocoon
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas
    Just as an update: I finally figured out how! I used the door frame and fed my strap through the crack of the door and shut (and locked) the door. Then attached the other end to the bed frame and put some river cane from the wall to the bed post to keep it from moving or scooting when I added weight. I eventually figured out that I could do the same with the other bed post and had the hammock run diagonal which provided for a more taught hammock.

Picture attached. Thanks for the help guys!
    Attached Images Attached Images

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12