DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings

It's disgusting I tell ya!

I'm sitting in a chair, it does recline, with my feet on a stool. It's 12:15 and the rain has started.
    Next to me FINALLY sleeping is my grand daughter and wife. They're on the AeroBed, comfy. Oh, and my youngest cat is in the tent with us.
    There isn't room for a third on the bed. Something I had talked to the wife about. She was supposed to be resting in the house so when Tati gets tired of the outside she can just come to bed.
    Then she invited herself to the "camp out" and now here I am. No way to hang with the tent where it is. Too late and dark to try. Frankly too beat up for anything anyways. My Frand daughter took forever to quite down. Part from the excitement of something new pat from my wife's free hand. Great NIQ they're snoring and my rear is aching.
    I zant go in without them. I have to wait till they get too cold. Or skeered.
    Heavier ran now.
    I bet somebody is going to complain about not sleeping good enough in between an endless list of honwydo"s.
    There is no room on that bed.My gdayhter is spread out jumping jack style. My wife? She has to have a foot of space to the edge otherwise she might fall.
    Dang this chair is hard. And the rails are metal. Cold hard metal.
    Sigh........

Hammock
    DD Traveller
    Tarp
    DD Camo
    Insulation
    Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Yeah.
    But, camping out with your granddaughter.
    That time is golden - regardless of what discomfort you have to go through.

John-

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    AHE/WL/DiY
    Suspension
    straps and stuff
    Hopefully the suffering now will yield great joy in the future. Picture you and your granddaughter hanging somewhere special. Getting her started is a good thing, even if not under the best of conditions for you. The first time I took my daughter backpacking was not the best of experiences largely due to some poor planning on my part--but she got through and got a taste for the outdoors.

Hammock
    1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Images
    I do have a question for you, If you had figured the granddaughter was going inside with your wife at some point, why didn't you already have your hammock setup and ready? Hope you made it through the night. It may have been miserable for you, but the GD will remember a great time.
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Our youngest G daughter spent the summer with us and a week ago this evening she and I spent our last night togeather hanging in the basement in VA. Sure miss that kid! Grab those opportunities when ever you can MrClean.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    They came back out each time, I was impressed by that much. They also didn't complain when twice during the night I re-inflated the bed though the Grand-daughter didn't wake up. She was on top of Grandma having rolled downhill. I managed to squeeze myself on after that though there was still about a foot on Grandma's side while my left arm was hanging in the air and the grand daughter was tucked under my right. Actually had to elbow the old gal once to get her to stop squishing my girl. But in the end we made it. I understand now how they feel crowded in the king sized master bed. And they both want to do it again if the weather is nice so I'll be going up to Walmart and getting a couple of full or Queen air mattresses so there will be plenty of up room. Not enough room in this oversized tent (sleeps 8-9 so figure 3 comfortably) to put my hammock stand AND me sleeping in my hammock while they're in the tent isn't the same thing. I had a real good nap after she went home today! Her mother said she was talking all about it. She really liked that her cat and dog slept with us too. Found out how much my cat was missing me as she would't stop crawling on top of me and aimlessly sharpen her claws on my chest. Once she settled in though it was fine.

We did this stuff with the kids starting about 20 years ago. Another generation on the way. I've been watching for Dora bedsheets to make her a hammock of her own for inside. Will probably get her a Tablecloth and make her a bugnet for outside for next summer. Grandma will still be in a tent though. If and when we go camping, her favorite mode is KOA camping cabins.

Oh, and after the better part of 2 months of hot and dry, it rained. Not hard, and no thunder. Just the pitter patter on the top of the tent. While I only dozed most of the night it was pleasant listening.

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Now we know how to end a drought. Glad she had fun at grampa's house.

• + New Posts