Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by johmar View Post
    Very good Brucie.
    I was at Wellington Pt on Show Day holiday and dipped my toes in and thought hmm bit cool for paddling yet.
    You sir are made of sterner stuff.

John
    Wello, I used to windsurf there, nice place! Sterner stuff... You must have missed the bit where I got bitten on the foot by a Soldier Crab, screamed and jumped, then ran away. lol I like to think of myself as the biggest girly man on the Hammock Forums. I think I scream in all of my 9 videos, one time for about a minute. The water was cold that time, there was even a sign that said I could die of shock if I fell in. I’ve been trying to cut back on the screaming since then. Thanks for watching, johmar! It’s good to know that someone else in AU is enjoying the wonderful world of hammock hanging!

Quote Originally Posted by non View Post
    Fun vid. Thanks.
    Yeah, that’s all it’s meant to be, a bit of fun, and a bit of a show around town. It’s interesting to see where hangers hang, hike, ride and in this case paddle.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey_Birdman View Post
    I loved your video. I always wanted to go down under. Looks like a fun place.

Your subtitles crack me up BTW.

God Bless,
    Chad
    Hi there Harvey Birdman, thanks for watching and letting me know you enjoyed the video! You might get here one day, I’ve been to the happiest place on earth... Disneyland, California, it was great!
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Looks like it was a fun hang. Not an huge fan of mosquitoes m'self. We actually have one of those electrified racquets at work. They work, but for that kind of mosquito cloud, well, perhaps a flamethrower might be a better bet.

Not that it would be terribly LNT, though...

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Now that’s a good idea, a lighter and a can of fly spray. Hold the lit lighter in front of the spraying fly spray and it will be raining charcoaled mozzies. Yeah, that sounds like the go!

Watching your trip report has got me thinking about doing a rail trail bike ride – it’s on the short list. Thanks for the two great ideas, FLRider!
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruciehi5 View Post
    Now that’s a good idea, a lighter and a can of fly spray. Hold the lit lighter in front of the spraying fly spray and it will be raining charcoaled mozzies. Yeah, that sounds like the go!

Watching your trip report has got me thinking about doing a rail trail bike ride – it’s on the short list. Thanks for the two great ideas, FLRider!
    Not a problem. Would like to do a kayak trip sometime m'self.

Hammock
    DIY double layer
    Tarp
    Old Eddie Bauer
    Insulation
    Bag and pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I use dryer sheets here in the pacific northwest, USA but we don't get mosquito swarms like that. I am interested to see how they work there.

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    Not a problem. Would like to do a kayak trip sometime m'self.
    See if you can find a place where you can hire a kayak or canoe. Interestingly, I got into hammocking, because I wanted to do some light weight road bike touring. So, having all ready got 3 mountain bikes, I rushed out and bought a flat bar road bike, searched around for light weight, compact camping gear and came across the Hammock Forums. After doing some reading and watching, I ended up doing much more hiking than bike touring.

Quote Originally Posted by XSrcing View Post
    I use dryer sheets here in the pacific northwest, USA but we don't get mosquito swarms like that. I am interested to see how they work there.
    Well, well, well, well, well, I didn’t know that, and you bet ya I’ll be giving it a try! Stay tuned to see how well they work here! VERY exciting! Thanks for that bit of highly valuable info, XSrcing, Hammock Forums is great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzTDyN0LaGY
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    WBBB; WBRR; WBXLC;HH Exped
    Tarp
    Superfly; JRB Ulti
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ; AHE; WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images
    Another great video trip report, Brucie! Thanks! I love you, dude, but you just ain't right! Which, I guess, supremely qualifies you here as a member!

Have you ever eaten any of those crabs? Could be tasty!

I need to find out what. Ideo editing software you are using - especially the map section! That was very cool!

Thanks again!

~ Sky
    Live Purposefully; Dare Greatly; Land Gently

If you're going to do something wrong, go for it! - Beryl G.

"Never knock on Death's door - just ring the bell and run. He hates that!"

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyPainter View Post
    Another great video trip report, Brucie! Thanks! I love you, dude, but you just ain't right! Which, I guess, supremely qualifies you here as a member!

Have you ever eaten any of those crabs? Could be tasty!

I need to find out what. Ideo editing software you are using - especially the map section! That was very cool!

Thanks again!

~ Sky
    Actually, I think you’ll find that all the people here at Hammock Forums are perfectly ok, it’s the rest to the world that’s a bit odd. Proof of this is tent dwellers. Having said that, there may be just a little question mark over the head of Mr Shug.

No, I haven’t eaten any of those craps, poor little craps, they’re too cool to eat! I googled it and it doesn't look like anyone else eats them either, which is a bit of a surprise, I suppose.

Now...

The editing program I use is called PowerDirector 10 (costs $$$):

http://www.cyberlink.com/store/powerdirector/buy_en_AU.html?affid=2581_930_240_paidsearch-au_0_1&gclid=CNeJ0ruz9bECFQlLpgodUUEAZA

How I did the map section was to first take a screen shot of Google Earth by pressing the Print Screen button on the keyboard. Then I opened the Windows 7 paint program, called Paint. Pasted the Google Earth image into Paint, cropped it to get rid of everything but the satellite image. Then I made the image as big as it would go on the computer screen and used a FREE program called, CamStudio to record me drawing on the satellite image.

I used the mic and audio recorder I use when doing normal videoing, out on the trail, to do the voice part. The CamStudio program does have an audio recording thing in it, but I wanted the sound to sound the same as the rest of the video.

I then opened both the video and audio files in PowerDirector 10, cropped it again to get rid of the buttons that can be seen in the Paint program, synced up the audio with the video and that was that.

Google:
    record what’s on my computer screen

CamStudio
    http://camstudio.org/
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234