WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    If you think you might want to get everything from one vendor,,sometimes you can contact that particular vendor and he might even be willing to cut a deal. But,,,I like to mix and match and often have waited until a vendor has had a sale sometimes to get a best deal. Contact the vendors your thinking about using and discuss what you are looking for.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by packeagle View Post
    I personally like my underground quilts under quilt better than my hammock gear top quilt. The DWR is far superior...
    This might certainly be a thread hijack and probably better suited as a PM, but I am a bit concerned about the difference in DWR finish you have noted on the Burrow. I feel a good DWR is important for both under and top insulation, in fact we have discontinued certain fabrics when the DWR finish could not be guaranteed. Therefore this news is quite puzzling. Packeagle, would you be kind enough to contact me regarding this matter so we can resolve it. Thanks.

~Stormcrow
    Owner/Founder at Hammockgear.com - Hammock Camping Outfitters
    Home of the Burrow, the Incubator, and the Phoenix

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Got to love social media in the new business world. Guess by that saying that, I'm saying "social media" started long before Facebook.

Hammock
    DIY Table Cloth/ Jerry 5
    Tarp
    11x12' Hex Sil
    Insulation
    Various UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing or Etrunks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    This might certainly be a thread hijack and probably better suited as a PM, but I am a bit concerned about the difference in DWR finish you have noted on the Burrow. I feel a good DWR is important for both under and top insulation, in fact we have discontinued certain fabrics when the DWR finish could not be guaranteed. Therefore this news is quite puzzling. Packeagle, would you be kind enough to contact me regarding this matter so we can resolve it. Thanks.

~Stormcrow
    PM sent regarding DWR. I want to make it clear that I really like the burrow, and workmanship and customer service is top notch. I just prefer the fabric used by underground.

Hammock
    WB BBXLC
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah9
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    This will help:
    Hammock Acronyms

Thank you for posting that. I thought I'd been getting along here alright, but now I realize just how much I haven't understood

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    So many great vendors out there in hammock land and so many great products. I buy stuff from different vendors becuase one vendor may have a feature I like that another vendor does not offer or a vendor (like Dutch) has some really neat toys that no one else has.

Many vendors will be having sales this fall/winter so keep an eye for them as you can pick up some good deals.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Thanks, alot of good advice here!

Hammock
    Hammecks, WBBBs
    Tarp
    WB Edge+SuperFly
    Insulation
    DIYIXUQ+TQ+SngFit
    Suspension
    webbing, whoOpies
    Well !

There is the thrill of a package has arrived !

Decision . . . order . . . wait . . . and . . . it's here . . . one pleasure at a time.

Playtime ! ! !

trailname : Distracted By Stone

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Leigh's Uq /UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Woopie/Dutch
    I think all the vendors are great and most give deals if you buy all from them. Mixing is not like mixing Nike socks with puma shoes and addidas shirt if that is the question if not sorry.

Interesting question that I have been considering too. While I have been doing a lot of research and reading up on various vendors' sites, sometimes it's difficult for me to really understand what a particular item does or how it works with another item just from reading a web site.

I think it would help greatly to join along with a group hang (planning on attending the next Texas one) to see folks' different setups, but at the same time I want to purchase my gear before the group hang so I can use it there. I used to own a military-surplus jungle hammock as a kid (many decades ago) and all I can say is, it looks like hammocking has come a long way since then, tons of different styles and options.

I figure if I purchase from the same vendor, it should at least assure me that for example the under quilt will properly fit that vendor's hammock, but like others have posted, they may not offer the same length underquilt as another vendor, etc.

Another issue I have had is that as I read old posts that mention a particular vendor's product, the links may no longer be valid or they may not even offer that same product anymore.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast