For a couple years now I've been sleeping in a very nice Brazilian hammock.

I love it but the cotton fabric has taken a set and now the hammock kind of forces me to choose laying on one diagonal over the other.

While everyone has been ordering the 60"x126" crinkle taffeta tablecloths for a quick and easy no sew hammock, it was the 156"x90" polyester tablecloths that caught my attention for possible use as a "Brazilian". At only $13.39 it couldn't hurt to give it a try, right?

The tablecloth arrived quickly and with just a fast end whipping per Just Jeff's instructions and an extra pair of extra whoopie slings, I had my Tablecloth Brazilian up in minutes. The first nights sleep proved it to be just as comfortable as my cotton Brazilian. At some point I'll probably take some material off the sides because right now this hammock is the very definition of floppy, but there's no rush. My hope is that the polyester material will hold it's shape and the hammock won't take a set.

So if you've been toying with the idea of buying a Brazilian but aren't sure if you'd like it, this poor man's Brazilian is a way to test the waters. Heck, it might even be the permanent solution.