WBBB 1.1DL/Grand Trunk UL
    Tarp
    Toxaway/Tadpole
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies

My Thoughts on the Jarbridge

Not going to do a full write-up on the Jarbridge just yet, but I thought I'd offer a few thoughts on it:

1) I hate using this term, but I'm going to because it's the first thing that came to mind. The Jarbridge is idiot-proof. Clip it on the whoopie slings, pull the suspension drawstrings tight. Pull the cinch cords tight, then let one side out a little on the footbox end, and it's good to go.

2) Because it's synthetic, you don't have to worry about making it too tight against the hammock. Pull those suckers tight; you won't crush the insulation.

3) Unfortunately, because it's synthetic, it doesn't pack down very much. It's more bulky than my PLTQ.

4) I have a couple issues with the suspension. First, I'd love to have a channel suspension. I found myself unable to adequately move the quilt while in my hammock. That aside, I also found that the head end of the quilt doesn't have enough shock cord. I had too much coverage at the head end, but not enough on my legs.

Bottom Line: For $80 (nee ner, got mine during the anniversary sale!), this thing ROCKS. I can't think of a better deal for getting people into underquilts. Even at $100, it's a steal.

Images
    Sounds good to me! That is a bargain alright!

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images
    I bought the Summer JB almost a year and a half ago. It was more then than the regular price. But it is still my goto UQ for 7-8 months of the year. I love my Jarbridge River!

FWIW, the summer version compresses down much better and weighs only 13.4 oz in the stuff sack....
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”—Karen Blixen

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dbl/Switchback
    Tarp
    MacCatDlx/Superfly
    Insulation
    AHE UQs+20burrow
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle+Dutch
    Thanks for your thoughts, SaabZombie! I just ordered one myself via the sale and am happy to hear that you had no difficulties with the WBBB. A few members' comments have me worried about left shoulder slippage without triangle thingies, but I'm hopeful the Jarbridge, alone, will work for me. I look forward to your full review!

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bobson View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts, SaabZombie! I just ordered one myself via the sale and am happy to hear that you had no difficulties with the WBBB. A few members' comments have me worried about left shoulder slippage without triangle thingies, but I'm hopeful the Jarbridge, alone, will work for me. I look forward to your full review!
    To clarify:
    I have had the summer JBR for 17 or so months, but only this past weekend used it on my new (to me) WBBB. I chose to use a very small clip to secure both the right foot and left shoulder to existing connecting points. It fit as if was built for the WBBB. Had the summer quilt at 55° over the weekend and it never slipped. Perfect position for me.
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”—Karen Blixen

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Jarbridge also fits a BMBH UL hammock perfectly...love the summer Jarbridge.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I have a 1S and 2 of the 3S Jarbridges. Great UQ. Simple to set up and adjust.

Couple of pictures of the Jarbrige on my BB
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

I have to add some longer shock cord for my hammocks but other than that, "it does rock".

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dbl/Switchback
    Tarp
    MacCatDlx/Superfly
    Insulation
    AHE UQs+20burrow
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle+Dutch
    Just got my Jarbridge out for the SC Fall Sprawl, and it was everything I've come to expect from AHE - simple and effective. I was worried about shoulder slip on my WBBB from others' posts about 3/4 UQs, but it was rock-solid clipped via biner to my suspension at the head and my hammockforums logo biner on the foot. I tightened just the head end of the shock cord to pull it toward that end, and I never felt so much as a draft when a 5AM cold front blew in with some pretty forceful winds. Extremely satisfied, as I have been with all AHE gear I've bought. Thanks to Paul and his team!

It works perfect on the new Ridgerunner hammock.
    I just wish I bought more then one when they where on sale....

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast