Hammock
    The one I'm in

Search and collect

Got a tip on a 2,000 year old flint mine. The indains mined their flint from here in Colorado. Should be plenty of arrowheads and what not ( but no promises, cause it's a tip ) anyone into this sort of stuff? If so let's hook up and find some artifacts

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Sounds like a great idea, cept' I'm on the other side of this big blue ball in the sky...
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl xlc
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch bkls
    Understand that you may only find massive amounts of work flakes and shards while hardly any actual worked tools. I live near Flint Ridge Ohio, there are spots in the area where indians camped while transporting their flint that are literally covered with work flakes while almost no tools. The popular theory is that they lightened their load by working their flint into pre-forms/trading blanks before continuing their journey.

It's so hard for your eyes to scan all the little flakes of flint thinking any one of them could be the tip of a burried dovetail to keep bending over and flicking bits of flint. Ahhhhh!

David

Quote Originally Posted by 720fly View Post
    Got a tip on a 2,000 year old flint mine. The indains mined their flint from here in Colorado. Should be plenty of arrowheads and what not ( but no promises, cause it's a tip ) anyone into this sort of stuff? If so let's hook up and find some artifacts
    I'll be heading your direction next week. Will be camping and riding motorcycles around for a week or so. Anywhere in particular I should look for flint?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 720fly View Post
    I'm always looking for an excuse to go hang my hammock in the woods.
    Have any more details?

• + New Posts