DH, WBBB, JBD
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware

Tarp Lines

I know this horse has been beat to death...or at least near death, but...I've got a couple questions:

I'm thinking of using the Figure 9 caribiners attached straight to my tie out loops on a Kelty Noah 12, then having a tarp cord with a loop around the stake to attach to the Figure 9 caribiners. I'm thinking this will work well, and be simple. What are ya'lls thoughts?

Also, anyone use(d) Lawson Equipment Orange Reflective Glowire cord http://lawsonequipment.com/All-Produ...wire-p881.html for their tarp cords? If so, what are your thoughts, and can this cord be spiced...specifically for loops to put around tarp stakes?

Hammock
    Grand Trunk
    Tarp
    Kelty Noad 12
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    Whoopies-N-Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rcracin24 View Post
    I know this horse has been beat to death...or at least near death, but...I've got a couple questions:

I'm thinking of using the Figure 9 caribiners attached straight to my tie out loops on a Kelty Noah 12, then having a tarp cord with a loop around the stake to attach to the Figure 9 caribiners. I'm thinking this will work well, and be simple. What are ya'lls thoughts?

Also, anyone use(d) Lawson Equipment Orange Reflective Glowire cord http://lawsonequipment.com/All-Produ...wire-p881.html for their tarp cords? If so, what are your thoughts, and can this cord be spiced...specifically for loops to put around tarp stakes?
    It would work but you'll be storing your lines away from your tarp. If you got into a hurry there could be an issue with the fast set up. Which it wouldnt hurt to try that method. I would personally attach the figure9's to the tarp with a loop of shock cord. That way its already in place and you dont have to worry about that piece of cord.

Dont let anyone tell you a Noah 12 cannot be set up fast. A ridgeline+biners+snakeskin+figure9's = quick 4-6 minute setup. I've done a speed test on it. The only problem I've ran into is if I'm using my ground hog stakes and the ground is hard. If the ground is a little softer I can just shove them in there. I'm considering going back to my cheaper stakes just for that reason.

As for the cordage, I have never used that type. I bought some climbing accessory rope instead. I will be changing it out soon because it tangles so stinking easy. Can be very frustrating when setting up the tarp.

Hope this helps.
    I am me and no one else can be me without my permission.

My Youtube page.

Hammock
    WB Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 13
    Insulation
    Cheap Mummy/ Pad
    Suspension
    Dutch Spiders
    Images
    Try using pruisks at the end of your tarp lines instead of
    Figure nines I think it would save you weight.
    Bacon and Camping makes me happy.

"When life gives you lemons throw them back"
    Me

I camp in bear country and I am a bear Burrito.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    I've never been a big figure 9 fan because of the teeth. I'm just paranoid but I worry about the teeth wearing the line and besides that, I like knots so I don't use hardware anymore. YMMV. As mentioned, prusik loops on the tarp are good for adjustment.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rcracin24 View Post

Not beat to death. Two years ago when I joined I asked many of the same questions, and I had a Noah's tarp. I have upgraded my tarp twice since then (still have the other two as loaners, and they are put to good use...), but still am looking for the perfect setup.

Though driven by some unexpected factors (like the local stores being sold out of all the figure 9 line kits, and my other tarp being borrowed out of state...), I was asking nearly the same question last week. Here is what I asked, what others suggested, and ultimately what I did. I am happy with the outcome. Hope you find your solution soon.
    NiteIze figure 9s for tarps
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”—Karen Blixen

• + New Posts