Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images
    I have shopped with Arrowhead and enjoyed the experience. We can all sit here and speculate and make assumptions. I think by most accounts, it is a reputable company doing a good job turning out great products, like the rest of the cottage vendors. Don't give up on them so quickly. The worst thing in in business is unclear expectations and there can be a lot of ambiguity in "about a week" and "in a week." There was a weekend in between those dates also.
    Hang tight!

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by canoebie View Post
    Great response Paul. I want to do "business" with you in the future. Much better than a hamburger, or two.
    What he said ...

and let me add the best way to communicate with the cottage industries within this community has and will always be to email them directly. If you're frustrated over an issue take it up with them, if you don't get a response that is acceptable then coming to the forum is understandable.

But coming here first in my opinion isn't the way to go about it. Paul has always been prompt and even under the current load of his anniversary sale ... you got pretty darn good service. Seriously ... by any standard.

IMHO

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    I've always gotten good service from Arrowhead and will continue to order from Paul. I always appreciate that he keeps tabs on what we need here on HF and tries to fill the gaps with his company.
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Business is business but businesses are run by people. In my experience, I believe there is room for understanding on both sides. Nobody can give 100% and no one should expect 100%. I've had negative experiences and positive experiences and that is not going to change any time soon. I accept that and it makes life easier and less stressful when ordering gear or even ordering food in a restaurant. Life is too short to fret over certain things. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by Bubba; 08-17-2012 at 14:08.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock UQ
    Suspension
    webbing-whoopies
    I'm one of the many who ordered one of Paul's tarps, and I know I'm toward the back of the queue. Paul emailed to say it might take a couple of weeks to make it. No problem. If that wouldn't have worked, I had the option of cancelling.

I suspect it will be worth the wait.

Hammock
    Knotty design, 1.5 oz stretch side
    Tarp
    WL Tad Pole
    Insulation
    PLUQ w/IX
    Suspension
    dynaglide/straps
    Images
    Great Job Paul, That is why I made the post the other day regarding the quality of several of the supplier here. AHE is one of the 3 I mentioned, they are a quality supplier and should be the model for other vendors here. Paul was quick to come forward and explain and appoligize, Barvo!! That is what makes America what it is/used to be. People taking responsibility and moving forward. Again, Thanks Paul.
    - Gary -

"Nice Pen, I Bet It Writes Some Really Nice Stories"

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    In my experience, Paul is usually quicker then the expected time on delivery. Must be an Arrowhead-anomoly.
    Sometimes Wendy's gets my burger to me poste-haste and sometimes I have to sit and breathe exhaust.

Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    WL SSUQ/HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dyna Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryBunk View Post
    I'm always amazed at how patient and understand people are with other peoples money and other peoples products. Business is business. It seems to me to be just south of intilectually bankrupt, when people say " you're getting great quality or a great price". Next time you go into McDonalds and order the 2 for 1 and one of your sandwiches is uneatable, see how well it goes over when she says, "but you really one paid for one, so how can you gripe?
    Your analogy doesn't fit the situation. Your product being unusable (i.e. inedible) is not the same as it being a day late. This is more like ordering some chicken nuggets and them telling you it's gonna be 5 minutes because they had to make some more and then it taking six minutes instead. Are you saying you would gripe about that?
    "As a well spent day brings happy sleep, a well spent life brings happy death." -Da Vinci

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB minifly
    Insulation
    Yeti
    Suspension
    buckles
    Consider it a lesson learned - when you order something for delivery, you give up a certain amount of control (compared to picking it off the shelf), and need to allow for delays. Don't order something on Monday if you're leaving on Friday!

8 days instead of 7 gets your panties in a twist? Gimme a break. Sure hope that's not an indication of your ability to handle adversity in life.

Hammock
    Knotty design, 1.5 oz stretch side
    Tarp
    WL Tad Pole
    Insulation
    PLUQ w/IX
    Suspension
    dynaglide/straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SwinginIt View Post
    Your analogy doesn't fit the situation. Your product being unusable (i.e. inedible) is not the same as it being a day late. This is more like ordering some chicken nuggets and them telling you it's gonna be 5 minutes because they had to make some more and then it taking six minutes instead. Are you saying you would gripe about that?
    Invest the time to go back and reread. The statement is made: "Look at what you got and what you paid" or something very close to that (the McDonalds Analogy). OK maybe the point was missed, Whenever someone has a problem here, both big or small and posts something, in charges the calvary to tell the purchaser to back off or wait or re-evaluate. My point is its easy to say things when you aren't invested, try going next door and telling the guy how to raise his kids. Get my point?
    - Gary -

"Nice Pen, I Bet It Writes Some Really Nice Stories"

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast