Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryBunk View Post
    Invest the time to go back and reread.
    Again with the obnoxious and accusatory tone.

We all read your post perfectly fine the first time around - our disagreement both with your sentiment and with your analogy is not symptomatic of some sort of intellectual deficiency, as you accused in your post full of grammar and spelling mistakes. It does stem, however, from thinking that you are full of crap and being extremely over-dramatic.

Hammock
    HH, CJH NX-250, WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Std, Hex, or WBSF
    Insulation
    Burrows&Incubators
    Suspension
    Poly web w/AHE buc

My experience with cottage industries:

AHE: good
    Hammock Gear: good
    JRB: good
    OES: good
    Dutchware: good

Have there been delays in shipping? A couple of times, but I do not expect Amazon-like service from cottage folks who HAVE LIVES TO LIVE as well as operate their businesses. Sometimes things go haywire. Family illness, kids to watch, and I imagine many other sabots that fall into the gears. And during good weather they might actually enjoy getting out into the woods!

They do not have 24/7 order processing capabilities (such as Amazon or REI). And I can live with that. Cottage industries rock.

Jim
    Last edited by Jsaults; 08-17-2012 at 20:12.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Invest the time...maybe the point was missed...Get my point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustardman View Post
    Again with... thinking that you are full of crap and being extremely over-dramatic.
    Take it to PM guys. This is the second thread this has been brought up in. We heard both sides of it already.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    WL SSUQ/HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dyna Whoopies
    Invest the time to go back and reread. The statement is made: "Look at what you got and what you paid" or something very close to that (the McDonalds Analogy). OK maybe the point was missed, Whenever someone has a problem here, both big or small and posts something, in charges the calvary to tell the purchaser to back off or wait or re-evaluate. My point is its easy to say things when you aren't invested, try going next door and telling the guy how to raise his kids. Get my point?
    You might have a point if the OP didn't come here and ask for our input.

Although I would still disagree with you, I think we are invested. These are people we also order from and have to deal with. It might not have been me waiting this time, but it was me waiting a couple weeks ago while a vendor was on vacation. This isn't a case of 'it's easy to say because we're not in his shoes'. It's a case of 'we've been in those shoes before'. It's a case of everyone trying to encourage a positive attitude about a very minor incident, an incident that to most of us wouldn't even be an incident.

And seriously, it was 1 DAY. If it had been a week late with no communication then I can guarantee you the sentiment from everyone would be a little different. I know mine would be.
    "As a well spent day brings happy sleep, a well spent life brings happy death." -Da Vinci

lots of Pot Meet Kettle going on here
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    If anything useful comes from this, maybe it will be that Paul and other vendors who mostly make-to-order put in a system prior to events that promote volume, A.K.A Sales, that notifies customers early of unexpected delays. Everybody can't be Priority 1, and customers who are NOT ordering the sale merch shouldn't be last priority, either.

Not everyone is experienced with made-to-order vendors, but many of them include boilerplate language of this nature:
    "Tell us if yours is a rush order, and we will try to accommodate."
    In buys from HF members and cottage industry dealings I'm always up-front about my priority, which is usually low. "Ship some time next week, and combine trips."

But, a rush order coincident with a sale? (Not saying OP ordered one of AHE's sale items). Ummmmmmmmm.
    Last edited by DemostiX; 08-17-2012 at 20:00.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Actually the item in question is one of the sale items, was ordered in the later half of the sale and we do have on our order page a section (befor any one pays) describing both rush order terms along with cancellation terms. Over the past 2 weeks we have actually told a number of folks that requested rush service that we could not accommodate them due to our order volume and priority to oldest orders first. This cost us 5-6 sales and about $1000 of potential income. We are putting everything we have at moving all orders out the door as quickly as possible. Both yesterday and today we made more than one trip to the post office. The crew is going to be working through the weekend to keep moving production along without a day off this week. Getting everyone's gear out as fast as we possibly can is top priority.

As I said before the OP can contact me directly if we need to do anything to help them out with our day overage on our estimate.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    GT UL, WBBB1.7sl, Taveler1.7sl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4s
    Insulation
    Yeti 3s, UGQ Top
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Anybody else notice that the OP hasn't chimed in since that very first post? Suspicious?

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I'm going to close this thread. The OP said his piece and Paul responded.

The grumpiness in this thread isn't acceptable on HF. If you've been here long enough to know that, then I'd ask that you start following the rules a little more closely. If you're relatively new to this site, know we tend to treat each other more respectfully than on many other sites. That doesn't mean that you can't give an honest critique of an experience or product, or disagree with another member...but it will be done respectfully or it will be moderated.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234