Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hammock
    $20 Stansport
    Suspension
    cord w/ prusik

Took too long to ship

First off, let me say I am in no way trying to be rude, or put down the company, I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else.
    On 8/7/12 I sent payment for 1 whoopie kit. 8/8 he sent a confirmation on the payment, saying it will be shipped within a week. Eight days later it was shipped. Does this happen to everyone? I am displeased with the service.

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images
    Not knocking your feelings. Remember this is a Cottage Industry. Paul just had his anniversary sale, and probably took a hundred or more orders. He makes these items himself and they are fine products.

What took a few extra days to ship will be made up for in quality of product, and, if needed, follow up customer service. This is not Amazon, Overstock or REI.

Other vendors often take up to a month to fill an order, and because we know we are recieving a quality product, we wait patiently and are willing to overlook the wait time because it is overshadowed by quality.

My advise is to put into perspective what you have received, and at what price. A week to ship is not all that big a deal in the greater scheme of things.

Enjoy your whoopies, they are a fantastic addition to your hanging setup.
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”—Karen Blixen

Hammock
    Knotty design, 1.5 oz stretch side
    Tarp
    WL Tad Pole
    Insulation
    PLUQ w/IX
    Suspension
    dynaglide/straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Skipper View Post
    Not knocking your feelings. Remember this is a Cottage Industry. Paul just had his anniversary sale, and probably took a hundred or more orders. He makes these items himself and they are fine products.

What took a few extra days to ship will be made up for in quality of product, and, if needed, follow up customer service. This is not Amazon, Overstock or REI.

Other vendors often take up to a month to fill an order, and because we know we are recieving a quality product, we wait patiently and are willing to overlook the wait time because it is overshadowed by quality.

My advise is to put into perspective what you have received, and at what price. A week to ship is not all that big a deal in the greater scheme of things.

Enjoy your whoopies, they are a fantastic addition to your hanging setup.

I'm always amazed at how patient and understand people are with other peoples money and other peoples products. Business is business. It seems to me to be just south of intilectually bankrupt, when people say " you're getting great quality or a great price". Next time you go into McDonalds and order the 2 for 1 and one of your sandwiches is uneatable, see how well it goes over when she says, "but you really one paid for one, so how can you gripe?
    My point is again business is business. You say something, follow thru. Now having said that I have ordered from AHE and been very happy with their service. They have always been good with communications and quick shipping. In fact the other day I made a post commending several venders I have used lately. If you want to make a difference, put some effort toward posting Thank you's when things go well and instead of making excuses acknowledge mistakes. I feel for you and can understand your frustration, send Paul an e-mail, they/he is usually very prompt.
    - Gary -

"Nice Pen, I Bet It Writes Some Really Nice Stories"

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryBunk View Post
    I'm always amazed at how patient and understand people are with other peoples money and other peoples products. Business is business.
    What an obnoxious accusation. I've bought THOUSANDS of dollars worth of cottage gear, both here on hammock forums and elsewhere. Sorry if you think I'm not justified to have an opinion on somebody griping about an extra day to get a few pieces of spliced string.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Business is business but businesses are run by people. In my experience, I believe there is room for understanding on both sides. Nobody can give 100% and no one should expect 100%. I've had negative experiences and positive experiences and that is not going to change any time soon. I accept that and it makes life easier and less stressful when ordering gear or even ordering food in a restaurant. Life is too short to fret over certain things. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by Bubba; 08-17-2012 at 14:08.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    Tarp
    WL Tad Pole
    Insulation
    PLUQ w/IX
    Suspension
    dynaglide/straps
    Images
    Great Job Paul, That is why I made the post the other day regarding the quality of several of the supplier here. AHE is one of the 3 I mentioned, they are a quality supplier and should be the model for other vendors here. Paul was quick to come forward and explain and appoligize, Barvo!! That is what makes America what it is/used to be. People taking responsibility and moving forward. Again, Thanks Paul.
    - Gary -

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    WL SSUQ/HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dyna Whoopies
    I'm always amazed at how patient and understand people are with other peoples money and other peoples products. Business is business. It seems to me to be just south of intilectually bankrupt, when people say " you're getting great quality or a great price". Next time you go into McDonalds and order the 2 for 1 and one of your sandwiches is uneatable, see how well it goes over when she says, "but you really one paid for one, so how can you gripe?
    Your analogy doesn't fit the situation. Your product being unusable (i.e. inedible) is not the same as it being a day late. This is more like ordering some chicken nuggets and them telling you it's gonna be 5 minutes because they had to make some more and then it taking six minutes instead. Are you saying you would gripe about that?
    "As a well spent day brings happy sleep, a well spent life brings happy death." -Da Vinci

Hammock
    Tarp
    WL Tad Pole
    Insulation
    PLUQ w/IX
    Suspension
    dynaglide/straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SwinginIt View Post
    Your analogy doesn't fit the situation. Your product being unusable (i.e. inedible) is not the same as it being a day late. This is more like ordering some chicken nuggets and them telling you it's gonna be 5 minutes because they had to make some more and then it taking six minutes instead. Are you saying you would gripe about that?
    Invest the time to go back and reread. The statement is made: "Look at what you got and what you paid" or something very close to that (the McDonalds Analogy). OK maybe the point was missed, Whenever someone has a problem here, both big or small and posts something, in charges the calvary to tell the purchaser to back off or wait or re-evaluate. My point is its easy to say things when you aren't invested, try going next door and telling the guy how to raise his kids. Get my point?
    - Gary -

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Invest the time to go back and reread.
    Again with the obnoxious and accusatory tone.

We all read your post perfectly fine the first time around - our disagreement both with your sentiment and with your analogy is not symptomatic of some sort of intellectual deficiency, as you accused in your post full of grammar and spelling mistakes. It does stem, however, from thinking that you are full of crap and being extremely over-dramatic.

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    WL SSUQ/HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dyna Whoopies
    Invest the time to go back and reread. The statement is made: "Look at what you got and what you paid" or something very close to that (the McDonalds Analogy). OK maybe the point was missed, Whenever someone has a problem here, both big or small and posts something, in charges the calvary to tell the purchaser to back off or wait or re-evaluate. My point is its easy to say things when you aren't invested, try going next door and telling the guy how to raise his kids. Get my point?
    You might have a point if the OP didn't come here and ask for our input.

Although I would still disagree with you, I think we are invested. These are people we also order from and have to deal with. It might not have been me waiting this time, but it was me waiting a couple weeks ago while a vendor was on vacation. This isn't a case of 'it's easy to say because we're not in his shoes'. It's a case of 'we've been in those shoes before'. It's a case of everyone trying to encourage a positive attitude about a very minor incident, an incident that to most of us wouldn't even be an incident.

And seriously, it was 1 DAY. If it had been a week late with no communication then I can guarantee you the sentiment from everyone would be a little different. I know mine would be.
    "As a well spent day brings happy sleep, a well spent life brings happy death." -Da Vinci

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast