Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    $20 Stansport
    Suspension
    cord w/ prusik

Took too long to ship

First off, let me say I am in no way trying to be rude, or put down the company, I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else.
    On 8/7/12 I sent payment for 1 whoopie kit. 8/8 he sent a confirmation on the payment, saying it will be shipped within a week. Eight days later it was shipped. Does this happen to everyone? I am displeased with the service.

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images
    Not knocking your feelings. Remember this is a Cottage Industry. Paul just had his anniversary sale, and probably took a hundred or more orders. He makes these items himself and they are fine products.

What took a few extra days to ship will be made up for in quality of product, and, if needed, follow up customer service. This is not Amazon, Overstock or REI.

Other vendors often take up to a month to fill an order, and because we know we are recieving a quality product, we wait patiently and are willing to overlook the wait time because it is overshadowed by quality.

My advise is to put into perspective what you have received, and at what price. A week to ship is not all that big a deal in the greater scheme of things.

Enjoy your whoopies, they are a fantastic addition to your hanging setup.
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”—Karen Blixen

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    WL SSUQ/HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dyna Whoopies
    I don't have any experience with that particular company but most of the companies I buy from ship within a day or two. Some of em have notices saying shipping will be a week or two for some items since they are made to order. You also have to keep in mind that these cottage vendors aren't large production line companies. They make and ship this stuff themselves. Sometimes they are backed up on orders and sometimes they take vacations or have family issues. I recently had to wait a week for an order to ship because the vendor was on vacation. For me it's a small price to pay to be able to order from these guys because their products and customer service overall are second to none.

He was only a day late from the estimated shipping date, that doesn't seem like anything to get too upset about IMO.
    "As a well spent day brings happy sleep, a well spent life brings happy death." -Da Vinci

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    He said it would ship within a week. He missed that target by one day. Cry me a river.

We are talking about hand-made gear in a cottage industry, much of it often made to order. You need to be a bit more understanding that these cottage makers don't have huge piles of resources to guarantee the same level of service you'd expect from Amazon.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Paul is real good about communication and customer service...he probably will respond here in a couple of shakes. One thing to do is let him know if you need something ASAP when you order. That said, try emailing or PMing him with your concerns. He has been golden with every purchase I have made. His customer service stands out among the cottage industry folk here and that is saying a bunch.

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Fightin' words...
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I've got to agree with the others; eight days is not much time in this niche.

I agree that it wasn't shipped within the estimated time-frame, but missing it by a day isn't really enough to get my short hairs raised. Like everything else though, you are accustomed to what you are accustomed to in life. Working with and buying from the cottage shops require a modification to your expectations; longer waits on the one hand and much better (IMO) quality on the other.

Obviously, most of us feel that the wait is worth it and are more than willing to give the mom and pops shops of the hammocking world a bit of a break on the calendar. Not that we enjoy the wait, but...
    Trust nobody!

Images
    I just made my first order with this company. It took a few days to respond to an email, but when he did he apologized, saying he had been hit with hundreds of new orders and emails not pertaining to orders and has been doing his best to keep up with orders and respond to mail.
    Plus waiting a week for custom gear is awesome. I had to wait 8 months for a custom knife sheath 3 times, (only to find a guy with a garage who made better ones, slightly cheaper, and in less than a week).

Hammock
    Darien UL 11'
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber Hex
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I'll go against what seems to be the general consensus here, and say that in business, as in other parts of life, if you say you are going to do something (in this case ship within a week) you need to do it. If for some reason you can't, you need to proactively let the other party know before the deadline arrives. I understand these are often single proprietor businesses that can easily be overwhelmed by a short-term surge in orders, but communicating about delays before they impact customers to whom you have made promises is not, in my opinion, an unreasonable expectation.
    ~
    "Home is where I hang my food bag."

Monkeywrench
    Allen Freeman
    [email protected]
    www.allenf.com
    blog.allenf.com

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    I have never ordered from Arrowhead, but I do a LOT of ordering things on line. I get a shipping notice only to find out the item is sitting the sort facility in some other state. It could very well have been shipped on from the vendor but got stuck somewhere in transit. It took a week from the time my package was "shipped" until it traveled the 150 miles to my door. But it entered the system on time. The vendor losses all control from there on.

Edit: Any thing that needs to go through the Chicago post office is delayed by an indeterminable time frame. That is the biggest "dead letter" office in the country followed closely by NYC, Philly and DC. {shudder}
    Last edited by Ramblinrev; 08-17-2012 at 12:18.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast