UGQ Hanger 11 WB
    Insulation
    3S Phnx/1S GoLite
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    How are the bugs now (mosquitos)?
    Not too bad, but unfortunately we got 3/4" of rain yesterday. That might (possibly but not sure) result in a small hatch that would be up and rolling for our weekend. We'll see... bring some bug spray and hope that you don't need it too much. Either way I don't think they'll be too bad.
    The best things in life aren't things. -- Art Buchwald

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images

Bad News

Unfortunately, due to not being able to get anyone to cover my shift, I'm not going to be able to make this one. There're three guys at work who can cover a Saturday for me; one is already covering someone else (the person who initially said that they could cover me), one is going out of town, and one is recording with his band that day. Crud.

I'm sorry for the last-minute notice on this. I truly do hope to make it down that way some time. Hope to see you all down the trail.
    "Just prepare what you can and enjoy the rest."
    --Floridahanger

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 11 WB
    Insulation
    3S Phnx/1S GoLite
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    Unfortunately, due to not being able to get anyone to cover my shift, I'm not going to be able to make this one. There're three guys at work who can cover a Saturday for me; one is already covering someone else (the person who initially said that they could cover me), one is going out of town, and one is recording with his band that day. Crud.

I'm sorry for the last-minute notice on this. I truly do hope to make it down that way some time. Hope to see you all down the trail.
    Well nertz! I know you'll make it down here one of these days. I don't know if it helps you to have the dates way ahead of time but there are two hangs down here that I plan on doing at the same time every year (as long as there isn't hunting during that time).

1. Grinder's birthday hang which will always be on the weekend closest to Veteran's Day. The one this year will be Nov 8-10 (show up and leave at 11 a.m. on Friday the 8th and return around noon on the 10th)
    2. The Sherpa hang will always be the last weekend of February with the same arrive/depart scheme as Grinder's bd hang.

Sorry that you can't make it but we'll see you again soon I hope.

Dave

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 11 WB
    Insulation
    3S Phnx/1S GoLite
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Images
    So far the weather looks similar to last year...

Hammock
    WBB 1.1 double
    Tarp
    Mack Cat Deluxe
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Ok, I am adding to my dinner plans. I am going to bring my Lao style sticky rice cooking set and rice. I lived with a Lao family for 2 years in the Army and learned thier way of cooking by the fire (the country is very poor with electric 1 in 14 households). I want to do it as they did. Rice goes with everything there. I will bring the wok and cook up some traditional style pork Laap. This if bowl food and sticky rice eaten with your hands. We will practice the sanitary method with the rice and use a spoon to put it into the bowl and then go from there. I have all the stuff to do this so no help is needed (I have received offers to help pay for it) and is my contribution to our group for spicy food eaters and those who just want to try out something new. I plan to make 2 levels of spice. I will cook the first one medium and then my/Thai style 4 star, on a 5 star scale of spicy. If the medium isn't enough you can just mix the two to make a 3 star. :P
    I need to know how many we have so I know how much to bring....

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 11 WB
    Insulation
    3S Phnx/1S GoLite
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannan View Post
    Ok, I am adding to my dinner plans. I am going to bring my Lao style sticky rice cooking set and rice. I lived with a Lao family for 2 years in the Army and learned thier way of cooking by the fire (the country is very poor with electric 1 in 14 households). I want to do it as they did. Rice goes with everything there. I will bring the wok and cook up some traditional style pork Laap. This if bowl food and sticky rice eaten with your hands. We will practice the sanitary method with the rice and use a spoon to put it into the bowl and then go from there. I have all the stuff to do this so no help is needed (I have received offers to help pay for it) and is my contribution to our group for spicy food eaters and those who just want to try out something new. I plan to make 2 levels of spice. I will cook the first one medium and then my/Thai style 4 star, on a 5 star scale of spicy. If the medium isn't enough you can just mix the two to make a 3 star. :P
    I need to know how many we have so I know how much to bring....
    I'm in!! My back is still tweaked enough that I won't stay the entire time but I plan on hiking in and out a lot (good for my back). I'll hike in and visit a bit with the first group at 11 on Friday. Then I'll come back that evening for dinner and more visiting around the fire (we can have one!) then back home that night. I'll be back out Saturday morning for MM breakfast and maybe some group hiking if it isn't too long after breakfast. I'll play the rest by ear and based on how my back feels.

Hammock
    WBB 1.1 double
    Tarp
    Mack Cat Deluxe
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by samsara View Post
    I'm in!! My back is still tweaked enough that I won't stay the entire time but I plan on hiking in and out a lot (good for my back). I'll hike in and visit a bit with the first group at 11 on Friday. Then I'll come back that evening for dinner and more visiting around the fire (we can have one!) then back home that night. I'll be back out Saturday morning for MM breakfast and maybe some group hiking if it isn't too long after breakfast. I'll play the rest by ear and based on how my back feels.

You need to goto the chiropractor? I learned how to do that too

Hammock
    Dutch Netless
    Tarp
    HNO Sock
    Insulation
    HG/HNO/UGQ
    Suspension
    Not Lately
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by samsara View Post
    ... I plan on hiking in and out a lot ....

Move over, Lilricky!

Hammock
    WBB 1.1 double
    Tarp
    Mack Cat Deluxe
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by emcee View Post
    Move over, Lilricky!
    lol that is good..

• + New Posts