Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by L.D. Cakes View Post
    I had to bring it up...I wouldn't want to bestow her on anyone. She recently upset friends of mine so much they wondered if she was off her meds!

The back lot isn't where they have it anymore, it's in the front smaller lot and the amount of folks setting up waned a couple years ago when they started charging set up fees that are too high for plain boater folks to make any $$ or break even. But deals can be had if you're there EARLY!!! And there is lot of fun too!
    Oh, sorry - when I'm referring to the back lot I'm meaning for parking - they absolutely moved everything to the small lot in front of their offices - I'm referring to the lots near Big Wesser falls - sorry 'bout that
    We all know of the original "Walk off the war" thru-hike - but, check out these guys, they're helping folks 'walk off the war' today -
    Donate to help fund gear for the warriors who are coming back home and need help walking off the war!
    WarriorHike.com

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WetRivrRat View Post
    Oh, sorry - when I'm referring to the back lot I'm meaning for parking - they absolutely moved everything to the small lot in front of their offices - I'm referring to the lots near Big Wesser falls - sorry 'bout that
    Oh that's OK, I just remember the good old days when it was like a boaters dream to be able to go to a huge flea mkt type gear swap and find just about anything you'd need.

I also hear that they are opening the upper Nantahala which is class II-III above the Cascades and also the Cascades as well which is Class IV-V!
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Oh that's OK, I just remember the good old days when it was like a boaters dream to be able to go to a huge flea mkt type gear swap and find just about anything you'd need.
    I so miss those days - I was there last year, first year back since the change -it was crazy - but good all the same, it's a tighter space, which actually helps the sellers *a bit* in that it creates a certain amount of competition between buyers.

I also hear that they are opening the upper Nantahala which is class II-III above the Cascades and also the Cascades as well which is Class IV-V!
    I've heard that too, in fact I went looking around last time I was up there, looking forward to it!!!
    We all know of the original "Walk off the war" thru-hike - but, check out these guys, they're helping folks 'walk off the war' today -
    Donate to help fund gear for the warriors who are coming back home and need help walking off the war!
    WarriorHike.com

**bump**

In an attempt to clarify from the digression above - This is and was for a Hike-n-Hang over the weekend of the 22nd of Sept and on through the 27th - I'm not a "I must be at point A on day 1 @ 2pm, point B by 9am on day 2, etc" type person - for me, its all about the journey;
    Cool looking trees/clouds/birds/etc could capture my fancy (or yours, for that matter) for a while and I'm cool with that - so if there's anyone interested in meeting up at any point during those times I'll happily make it happen on my part. Heck, maybe someone out there just wants to hang for a night and has to go back to work the next am... come on! (just don't wake me to tell me you're leaving... I'll figure that out all on my own)

Likewise, (and not in an attempt to further digress from the thread's purpose) if there's anyone in the area who'd be interested in paddling at some point during that same time frame, PM me (so we don't get off topic in the thread), as I'd like to know as I'd willingly give up trail time to get my **bum** chundered on the river somewhere... - just sayin...
    WarriorHike.com

I hiked the AT from NOC to Fontana Aug. 12 & 13.
    Water sources were good, but the trail looked like it had no maintenance since the spring rush from Springer, even so it was still easy to follow the beaten path.
    I only saw 3 other hikers in the 28 miles.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images

Upper Cascades is Class 5 and up,,when its raining..strickly hairball..ran it about 12 yrs ago when it was rippin with muddy water,,me and 2 others,,almost class 6 then..won't ever do it again. My whitewater days in a kayak are over with..the bod is too beat up!
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    Upper Cascades is Class 5 and up,,when its raining..strickly hairball..ran it about 12 yrs ago when it was rippin with muddy water,,me and 2 others,,almost class 6 then..won't ever do it again. My whitewater days in a kayak are over with..the bod is too beat up!
    Yes, The Cascades are for hair boaters for sure! But what I'm hearing from the Jackson Kayak Team is that there is a section above the Cascades that is going to be opened for the first time and it's suppose to be a Class II-III run. I'll def give that a go!
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Quote Originally Posted by blisterbob View Post
    I hiked the AT from NOC to Fontana Aug. 12 & 13.
    Water sources were good, but the trail looked like it had no maintenance since the spring rush from Springer, even so it was still easy to follow the beaten path.
    I only saw 3 other hikers in the 28 miles.
    Hey thanks for the update!

That's pretty much what I'm thinking I was going to hike, from the NOC to the Dam and back to the NOC -
    WarriorHike.com

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Last year,,quite a ways above the power plant,,going up the gorge,,,it was full of trees and strainers,,hard to run even if it had water,,what it needed was a major rain of 4 to 6 inches to clean it out,,all that timber in the granite rocks,,and its too dangerous,,but if you get swept in the class 5+ its not going to be a pretty swim either. There is nothing soft about granite rock.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Yes, The Cascades are for hair boaters for sure! But what I'm hearing from the Jackson Kayak Team is that there is a section above the Cascades that is going to be opened for the first time and it's suppose to be a Class II-III run. I'll def give that a go!
    Hey-hey... let me know when if you hear anymore about this - I'll prob see some of the team at GAF this year, last year we were in the vendor slot next to them - I'll do the same if I hear anything!

I'd be game to paddle it when it opens if you don't mind a tag-a-long...
    WarriorHike.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast