Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Hey Brandon....what is the toggle and small shock-cord up at the head end of the hammock on the outside?
    Thanks!
    Shug
    Try the hammock without the 4" extension piece in the head spreader bar. It will become immediately clear what that little loop is for.

I had the same question when I set mine up

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Danalex View Post
    So has anyone who owns a Chrysalis been able to compare the two side by side .... or is that up to me??
    Dan Dan Dan...you have to ask? You know you will order a RR in about two shakes anyway.

I'm waiting until I see an Incubator on an RR report and that only because it is for Judy not me (too hefty don't cha know). If it worked for my tonnage the order would have been in last night.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I didn't take out the 4" pole, but I did wrap the shockcord around the pole and toggled it to hold the fabric up. Doesn't make much difference with the full-length pole, but I could see where it would be very helpful with the 4" removed.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    Dutch
    Tarp
    WB
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoops
    Images
    Can anyone who owns a RR speak to the "lounge-ability" of it? I enjoy sitting in my gathered-end hammocks perpendicular style to lounge, read, and sometimes cook in camp... just wondering if this bridge is comfortable? Specifically, I'm wondering if the narrowness and taught side seems might make it uncomfortable if they line-up on an awkward spot on your body??

HC

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I've only lounged for a short time, sitting sideways in the hammock with my legs hanging over the edge. I was thrilled to find that the hammock put pressure on my back at the exact spot where I often get stiff when I'm hiking. I'll often lay on the ground for a few minutes to stretch it out a bit...but now I wonder if this will relieve the tension without me getting in the dirt.

So...not a complete answer yet, but I'm impressed with the loungability I've seen so far.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HobieCat View Post
    Can anyone who owns a RR speak to the "lounge-ability" of it? I enjoy sitting in my gathered-end hammocks perpendicular style to lounge, read, and sometimes cook in camp... just wondering if this bridge is comfortable? Specifically, I'm wondering if the narrowness and taught side seems might make it uncomfortable if they line-up on an awkward spot on your body??

HC
    I didn't notice a lot of discomfort from the narrowness or taut sides - the only real issue I had with using it as a lounger was the lack of back support like you'd get in a gathered end hammock like a Blackbird.

Hammock
    WBBB DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    KAQ, HG
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by HobieCat View Post

HC
    I experimented with this some last night. I found it quite comfortable if you sit at the wide end. With the 4" bar in, the top piece of webbing seemed to be just slightly above shoulder level, I'm 5' 11". Sitting in the middle of the hammock was less comfortable for me.

Another thing I noticed that hasn't been mentioned so far, but can be seen in Yukon's great pictures if you look close, is the end caps have almost mini-hammocks in them. The great part of this is you can put a 2 liter soda bottle in them and it stays put. This is fantastic, in my BMBH anything not in a stuff sack or mesh peak bag ended up on top of me.

Andy
    Last edited by Full_timer; 08-29-2012 at 15:02.
    Friends don't let friends sleep on the ground.

My favorite data mining thread:
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=55659

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Full_timer View Post
    Another thing I noticed that hasn't been mentioned so far, but can be seen in Yukon's great pictures if you look close, is the end caps have almost mini-hammocks in them. The great part of this is you can put a 2 liter soda bottle in them and it stays put. This is fantastic in my BMBH anything not in a stuff sack or mesh peak bag ended up on top of you.

Andy
    I noticed that as well, extra storage area! I think this hammock is going to have a huge following, just like the Blackbird, the more people get to use it and think of accessories and what not. Brandon really did a heck of a job with it

Trekking pole idea

Hi all, I've been lurking here and don't actually have a hammock yet --been waiting for the RR-- and I'm really eager to get off the ground. (Never had a good night's sleep on any ground pad or air mattress.)

I was researching trekking pole adaptations for the RR, and found one I thought I'd share. Instead of buying new poles with camera mounts, you can go to any hardware store and buy some 1/4" toilet mounting bolts. These have a wood screw for your bathroom floor, back-to-back with a bolt that sticks up and has an end cap. Should be no problem to start a hole with a drill & mount these on your pole handles. --But might not work with light cork handles--too crumbly, maybe.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    SUPERFLY
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ
    Was wondering whoever has the new rr is it possible to sleep in the #4 position

• + New Posts
  • Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast