Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.0 / WBRR DL
    Tarp
    OMW/WBCB
    Insulation
    BurrowIncubPhoenix
    Suspension
    stock webbing
    Love the pictures. Makes me even more impatient for mine to come !

Hammock
    WB / BIAS
    Tarp
    HG Custom 4S
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG, MB
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Straps
    Just spun some 1/4-20 hangar bolts into the handles of my old, beefy McKinley hiking poles and installed Brandon's hiking pole adapters! Perfect fit, and I'll just leave the adapters on my poles to cover up the threads! Will try them instead of the spreader bars tonight...wish me luck!

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Just spun some 1/4-20 hangar bolts into the handles of my old, beefy McKinley hiking poles and installed Brandon's hiking pole adapters! Perfect fit, and I'll just leave the adapters on my poles to cover up the threads! Will try them instead of the spreader bars tonight...wish me luck!

Cheers
    So how did it work? Also would it be possible to explain in greater detail how you converted your hiking poles to accept Brandon's adaptors? They look great BTW.

Miguel

Hammock
    WB / BIAS
    Tarp
    HG Custom 4S
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG, MB
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    So how did it work? Also would it be possible to explain in greater detail how you converted your hiking poles to accept Brandon's adaptors? They look great BTW.

Miguel
    Hey Miguel,

My old McKinnley poles had a small screw in the top that held in the straps. I removed these and drilled a 11/64 hole, and screwed in a 1/4 -20 hangar bolt. It has heavy threads about 1/2 the length and 1/4 -20 camera mount threads on the other half. I jammed a couple of 1/4" nuts together on the camera mount half and used a 7/16 wrench to spin the hangar bolt in. Then you just thread off the two jammed nuts and thread on Brandon's adapters and away you go!

Here is what they look like:

http://www.usifaz.com/specboltlag1.html

It worked really well last night. However, the tips of my poles are quite worn, and are a little loose in the tip adapters, making the adapters cam over just a little under load. It didn't seem like enough to let loose, but I may try and find some new tips for my poles. Brandon's adapters look to be built to new pole spec, or maybe for a little narrower tips than are on my poles.

Hope that makes sense!

Cheers!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Hey Miguel,

My old McKinnley poles had a small screw in the top that held in the straps. I removed these and drilled a 11/64 hole, and screwed in a 1/4 -20 hangar bolt. It has heavy threads about 1/2 the length and 1/4 -20 camera mount threads on the other half. I jammed a couple of 1/4" nuts together on the camera mount half and used a 7/16 wrench to spin the hangar bolt in. Then you just thread off the two jammed nuts and thread on Brandon's adapters and away you go!

Here is what they look like:

http://www.usifaz.com/specboltlag1.html

It worked really well last night. However, the tips of my poles are quite worn, and are a little loose in the tip adapters, making the adapters cam over just a little under load. It didn't seem like enough to let loose, but I may try and find some new tips for my poles. Brandon's adapters look to be built to new pole spec, or maybe for a little narrower tips than are on my poles.

Hope that makes sense!

Cheers!
    Thank you very much! I may give it a try.

got my first hang for 5 nights last week and the RR performed flawlessly. Took a bit of trial and error to get it just right but well worth the little time it took. I used an exped downmat 9xl between the layers and it worked very nice. Just used my sleeping bag for a blanket and was toasty warm.

I like using the pad because if i'm travelling out west where trees are scarce i can go to ground bivy style with the bubo poles supporting the bugnet.

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    FYI - thanks to my son's experimentation, I'm happy to inform that the bug net will hold at least 80 pounds worth of kids flipped over.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderman View Post
    Also took my RR for its maiden voyage last night. Result? Best night in a hammock. Ever. It only got down to 29 degrees, so I stayed toasty warm in my full-length Lynx and JRB Hudson River. The storage space is incredible! I had a big magazine in the head pocket, clothes in the left saddlebag, and various items in the right. Halfway through the night I got too hot, so I took off my light jacket, shoved it to my left, and the left saddlebag just swallowed it up! Awesome design.

The cloudburst tarp with the tie-outs is downright spacious! I had no problem keeping the tarp away from the speader bar tips. I found a great spot surrounded by trees, so I only needed 1 trekking pole.

Nice pics! My first night in my Ridgerunner was also my best nights sleep ever in a hammock

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    After some naps in the back yard all I can say is love at first hang. It's an amazingly comfortable hammock. Brandon you really hit the ball out of the park on this one. The sewn in pillow, the saddle bags, no shoulder squeeze I am what can I say that has not already been said besides that it's just one amazing hammock. Thanks for this wonderful piece of gear
    LRR
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    MLD Hexagon
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix
    Suspension
    Adj webbing
    How does the suspension work in heavy rain?
    I can imagine the corner buckles acting as drip rings, so the hammock body suspension shouldn't let water run into the hammock.
    But the mosquito net suspension, will water run down that and end up soaking your hammock?

• + New Posts
  • Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast