Quote Originally Posted by BigEarth View Post
Brandon, have you tried using GG LT4 poles with the camera option for the spreaders? Or any poles for that matter?

everybody,
When mine was delivered, I set it up in the backyard and fell asleep in 15 minutes of playing around...and I'm not a nap guy. I love the visibility.

The side effect of the great visibility is it makes for challenging side sleeping. I understand it's just the nature of the beast though. When your knee shoots out to the side it ends up sitting on the edge of the hammock's sewn edge like others mentioned. Since putting your knee on the rigid edge isn't comfortable, I put my normal knee pillow on it and let my knee sit on that. Seems to work.

Be careful with side sleeping though, if your not aware and slide to far to one side you can flip that hammock. Haven't done it but can see it happening when half asleep.

I tried it with the extension out too. Yes more stable and yes, maybe a bit better for side sleeping.

This RR is the best thing that has happened to backpacking in a while.
See I don't have the "tipiness" that people keep talking about, and can't imagine how I would ever roll this hammock. To me it feels completely stable and reassuring. Also, laying on my side is extremely comfortable, which is a huge part of why I love this hammock, because I'm a dedicated side sleeper. This all makes me wonder if my size plays a roll in the way the hammock lays or not. I'm tall (6'-6") but not super heavy (215), and I wonder how this affects the hammock as far as being weighted with me in it.

I can't wait to get home today, gonna mow the lawn then lounge the rest of the night away in my Ridgerunner!