WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Pics! Pic! We need lots of pics, and videos! of your hangs, and the new hammock!
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Quote Originally Posted by Mustardman View Post
    according to USPS tracking, my Ridgerunner should be here tomorrow
    I need to move to co.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    Just ripped my DIY bridge...DOH! but a great excuse to buy this one!
    The camper formerly known as HikingDad...

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Mailman came early :-D

Hammock
    Darien UL 11'
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber Hex
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Mailman came early :-D

Looks like it needs to be set free in the woods...
    ~
    "Home is where I hang my food bag."

Monkeywrench
    Allen Freeman
    [email protected]
    www.allenf.com
    blog.allenf.com

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by affreeman View Post
    Looks like it needs to be set free in the woods...
    Wish it was that easy - we don't get out into the woods without at least a week's warning to schedule a pet sitter. The downside of owning a mini-zoo of a house

Hammock
    Darien UL 11'
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber Hex
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Wish it was that easy - we don't get out into the woods without at least a week's warning to schedule a pet sitter. The downside of owning a mini-zoo of a house
    My Ridgerunner should arrive on Monday and if client demands cooperate I hope to head out for a couple of nights mid-week before the crush of holiday weekend hikers.
    ~
    "Home is where I hang my food bag."

Monkeywrench
    Allen Freeman
    [email protected]
    www.allenf.com
    blog.allenf.com

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I'll post a more in-depth review when I get some more time with it, but I'm very impressed after a few hours of playing and tinkering. The view is the best I've ever seen from a hammock, the saddlebags are a great design, and the sock is an amazing balance of function and simplicity. Seriously, once I got the sock on, "genius" is the first word I could think of to describe it.

I've always wanted to like a bridge model, but the two I tried just didn't quite work for me. This one looks like it might cause me to spend a few more ounces in my pack (and probably a few more dollars on the UQ). I haven't slept in it yet, but on the other bridges I could immediately feel the shoulder squeeze...not so on this one. Very comfortable on my back, and so far it's been very comfortable on my side. Can't quite go fetal without putting my knee up on the hard ridge, so we'll see how that works out when sleeping. I rolled onto my stomach...it's the closest I've seen to being able to sleep on my stomach, but I think the stand I was on might be limiting the comfort there...more to follow when I hang it on proper trees. My 105lbs son said he was comfortable on his stomach, though. He wants a Ridgeruner in his room now.

The head and neck support built into the fabric is awesome, too. It was very comfortable just laying around and I didn't need a pillow. Not sure if it'll work for me all night, but that would definitely be a nice feature.

I'm very excited to get some full nights in this thing! Might get a backyard night tonight...but then I'm traveling later in the week so a "real" trip might have to wait a couple weeks. (Going to New Orleans, though, so I can't really complain too much.)

My measured weights:
    - Hammock body, webbing suspension, double-ended stuffsack - 27-3/8 oz (774g)
    - All pole sections combined - 9-7/8 oz (278g)
    - Sock and stuffsack - 10-1/4 oz (294g)

Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    will likely be doing a netless version as well. if anybody is interested in that let me know
    Yes, somebody is interested...

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    No Lynx here. I'm planning to pick-up a couple of the new underquilts next month.
    Of course you are...but you can stop any time you want, right?
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Just woke up from a 30 minute nap in the RR...on my stomach. Color me im-freeking-pressed! Received by DL RR this morning and went straight outside. I meant to order the adjustable webbing suspension, but must have accidentally ordered the line/strap suspension. No matter! A quick review of the slipped bunt line knot on the WB setup video and good to go. In fact I think I might have just converted back from whoopies...

As a guy who has built several bridge hammocks in search of the perfect lay, I am unplugging the thread injector and shutting down the manufacturing line. I am very happy with the RR head end spread. Wide enough to comfortably cradle the shoulders without squeeze (size 46L suit jacket for reference). The 1.1oz/syd fabric gives just enough stretch. Added in a partially inflated Exped DAM9 between layers. Imagine a down pillow-top matress cover. Yup...Heaven!

Back, side, partial knee/hip flex, stomach. All very comfortable with and without a pad. Would say the RR is more comfortable for sleeping on my stomach than my sleep-number bed--as evident by the 30 minute nap and resultant drool puddle (guess I just ruled out the possibility of returning this one!). Slightest bit of lumbar hyperextension, but not uncomfortable and definitely less than my DIYs. I could go fetal, but like others noted, the knees ride up over the side suspension. I don't usually sleep this way unless I am having a lot of lumbar stiffness anyway.

The netting configuration is very good. I attached the shock cord to the suspension line rather than all the way to the trees; it still is high up and roomy. When I sit up my head is touching the net, but not putting much tension on it. Net stows away very nicely. Like that feature. Two hammocks for the price of one with little weight penalty. Very good side to side visual fields due to the narrow waist and only single seam along the centerline of the net.

The saddlebag are genius. Not just as a stowage area, but also they prevent much of the netting stress you'd otherwise see when loading the hammock as much of the side netting is attached to the saddlebags rather than the suspension arc. Definitely worth a patent in my non-lawyered mind. Excellently conceived.

Brandon, KUDOS! I had been thinking that there are mods I might make, but I now that I have the RR in hand, really see no need. Perhaps I will change out the spreaders for CF tubing as I have one uncut 6' length from prior experiments. It will save ~5oz on the bars. I could perhaps save another ounce or two changing out the suspension, cutting down the straps, removing the metal connectors...but why? This entire package works very well and looks great.

Given that this is a "commercial product" and not my clumsy DIY, I look at the stitching/suspension/netting with a more critical eye. Very nicely done! Nary a flaw to be seen.

Looking forward to some more comfortable sleeps.
    Thank You Brandon!

FWIW, although bridge hammocks have been a fringe segment of our HF population, I think this one (and it's future iterations) will be the bridge for the masses.
    Last edited by BER; 08-27-2012 at 11:30.

Hammock
    WB / BIAS
    Tarp
    HG Custom 4S
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG, MB
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Straps
    Great reviews folks, keep em' coming! (and more pics please!)

• + New Posts
  • Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast