DIY Bridge/HHEXUL
    Tarp
    Varies by weather
    Insulation
    UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    With my machine/operator combo, the 7d(10d) is a pain to sew, it tends to pucker especially if on the bias near the edge. Painters tape to stiffen the fabric generally and close to but not on the stitchline helped a lot.

It also works for noseeum in the stretch direction, but is easier if applied before cutting from the larger parent piece to make sure you don't distort the shape.
    "only the paranoid survive" - Andy Grove, Intel

Search engines are your friend. Use "Site:hammockforums.net" in your search string.

on the face of it, doing things on the bias seems like a good idea( always appreciate a different slant of doing something)...but the insect netting i have stretches in one direction, and when turned 90degrees, it dosen't( this is in bias i already described what it does under normal thought process pulling)( who knows what the characteristics of the newly ordered stuff will be!)..and the sevenD has a lot of stretch in either direction( again, in bias) when pulled along thread directions, it seems pretty much non stretch..to me, it seems easyer to take the path of least resistance here and sew along with the thread directions, minimizing the stretch factor in either peice of matl. tape is only used to define edges of stich lines. to "stiffen up" the sevenD during sew opperations, i might lay down another length of painter tape on the other side of sew lines...couldn't hurt, huh?
    Last edited by the_gr8t_waldo; 08-22-2012 at 11:09.

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    I was just handling and admiring again the fine tailoring of a Warbonnet Blackbird. Warbonnetguy doesn't sew the noseeum directly to the hammock bottom. There's an interface which looks more substantial than what I have seen called gros-grain -- heavier and perhaps a perfectly cut and folded 3/4" strip of 2-3 oz black nylon fabric.

Ta da, not only easy for repairs, but also provides, through an attachment or otherwise, a stable platform for sewing each difficult material.

It really is something, the mature quality of Warbonnet Outdoor's tailoring.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12